Save the date for CMCE Career Fair and Technology Seminar on February 20 from 5pm-7pm at the New Academic Building hosed by Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Management Technology. Come meet companies looking for full-time and part-time employees and hear presentations on industry standard design software and management tech platforms!
Open to Construction Management, Civil, Architecture,Mechanical, Electrical Technology and Facilities students.
To know more contact Prof Anne Marie Sowder, CMCE Job Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Level Position:
Empire Architectural Metal and Glass Corp. is looking for someone to fill an full time entry level position. Candidate must be able to:
- Manage bid solicitations (emails) and
- Print out architectural drawings for estimating, drafting and project management departments.
- Eventually this position will be responsible for project submittals, generating hardware cuts, and other additional responsibilities as they grow into their role.
There will definitely be room to move up within the company. This will be a great place to start as you will be able to soak up a lot of information.
They are located in Queens, NY (College Point) and this will be a full time position:
Monday-Friday from either 7:00AM-4:00PM or 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
If interested, please send your resume to Maximo Nazario at email@example.com
Learn about: Changing material costs for 2020 and how this volatility impacts projects. 15 minute video webinar.
Access free content (with sign in): here
Summary: Construction cost changes are inevitable. In fact, from 2019 to 2020, 34% of construction costs have changed by more than +/- 5%. This cost volatility is enormous for the people who plan, finance, build and maintain the facilities and infrastructure communities depend on. It’s vital these professionals understand how and why construction costs have changed over the last year.
Watch this on demand webinar to hear two of the minds behind Gordian’s RSMeans data discuss how the costs of steel, concrete and wood will change in 2020. They’ll also discuss why construction costs change, a few additions to RSMeans data for 2020 and more!
Research company ahead of time: https://www.ostroffelectric.com/
Applications to: See contact information below.
Job posting: Ostroff Electrical Contractors is looking for a highly organized junior estimator/ project manager responsible for analyzing project plans and specifications to determine the overall estimated cost of a project; skilled at both quantity take-off and conceptual estimating with mandatory experience in architectural & electrical work experience.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications, CAD (Working knowledge of adobe and excel)
- Prepare complete takeoff.
- Work with chief estimator to create detailed cost estimate based on project scope.
- Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Help the chief estimator to optimize job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for material/services.
- Interface with Owners, Superintendents and construction foremen to provide engineering and cost data for project scope and change order preparation. Attend walk-through and meetings where needed.
- Maintain file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Must be a team player with a can do attitude and can relate well to others
- AutoCAD Drafting ability/ knowledge
Fall 2020 applications for graduate study in Civil Engineering in Iowa State University are being accepted!
Below are the available department and programs:
· ISU CCEE Faculty by Focus Area (faculty profiles)
Interested students can apply at no cost using the CCEE Preapplication. Should they qualify for our graduate programs after a preapp review, we will encourage them to complete the full Admissions application (that app does have a fee).
Applicants interested in on-campus MS or PhD programs who have successfully completed an ISU Admissions app by January 15, 2020 will be invited to the ISU CCEE Prospective Student Weekend, March 5-7, 2020. Selected applications will be provided free travel and lodging for this event.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Professor Anne Marie Sowder at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dawn Miller at email@example.com
User experience (UX) is the intersection of design and engineering. Want to know what it’s like to work in UX at Google as an engineer, designer, or researcher? Join a group of UX Googlers as they share day-in-the-life stories about their work and provide an inside look on what makes UX at Google unique. Attendees will get the chance to hear resume, portfolio, and interview tips too. This session is for bachelor’s students interested in CS and/or design graduating December 2020 or later. THIS IS FOR INTERNSHIPS, NOT FT ROLES.
Solar Green Energy- an energy company located in New York that grew tremendously in the past six months since the laws of solar and better rebates converting buildings to LED, is currently looking for good interns and full-time job as a LeD lighting installer.
The projects are mostly located in New York City.
Visit company website to know more: https://www.sologreenenergy.com
If interested, contact Esther Rein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Honors Scholars Program is hosting a graduate school fair this Thursday, December 12, 2019, from 9:30 am – 2 pm in Namm 119 and Namm, ground floor.
Over 30 colleges will be attending. Students who are considering graduate school are highly encouraged to attend. A good turnout helps to assure future participation by graduate programs.See details below