Apply to be a YPE NYC clean energy mentee by May 1!
YPE NYC is offering a mentorship program for undergraduate students interested in a clean energy career. If you’re interested in learning about career opportunities in renewable energy and aspire to join the next generation of clean energy leaders, apply now to join our first mentee cohort! The mentorship program will run from September 2021 to February 2022.
Who should apply?
Current undergraduate students interested in:
· learning about career opportunities in clean energy;
· receiving job and internship advice and application assistance;
· gaining access to a network of dedicated NYC energy professionals; and
· driving social, racial, and energy equity.
Preference will be given to rising juniors and seniors. Mentees should have some relationship to NYC (e.g. grew up in or attend college in NYC). Students that identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ are especially encouraged to apply.
What are the expectations for Mentees?
Mentees should expect to dedicate 4-5 hours per month to this Program between September 2021 and February 2022. This will include monthly program-wide virtual events as well as one-on-one meetings between mentors and mentees. Responsibilities outside of scheduled events/meetings may include:
· Preparing for and participating in informational interviews with energy professionals of your choosing;
· Strengthening your resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letters, with the assistance of your mentor;
· Attending optional virtual tours, webinars, or lunch-and-learns; and
· Participating in a leadership event, such as serving as a panelist in an event for a high school audience, or delivering a presentation to the mentor/mentee cohort on an energy topic of your choosing.
When and where will the program take place?
All mandatory events for the Inaugural Mentorship Program will be held virtually. The Program will run six months, from September 2021 to February 2022. Mentees will be selected by June 2021.
Learn more on our website: ypenyc.org/mentorship
Apply to be a clean energy mentee here by Sat, May 1, 2021, 5pm EST.