Solar Green Energy- an energy company located in New York that grew tremendously in the past six months since the laws of solar and better rebates converting buildings to LED, is currently looking for good interns and full-time job as a LeD lighting installer.
The projects are mostly located in New York City.
Visit company website to know more: https://www.sologreenenergy.com
If interested, contact Esther Rein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Glass Winter Student Scholarship
Winter classes listings: https://urbanglass.org/classes?semester=winter .
Scholarship deadline: December 8th,2019
Please share this deadline with your communities, and we look forward to reviewing their applications! The scholarship application can he found here
A few highlights coming up in January include:
Alexander will be working in both the flame shop and hot shop, making parts that will fit together mechanically as optical and other devices.
Morgan will be encouraging experimentation and considering the potential of waste glass by using refuse and recycling in the kiln.
Designing with Glass
with Nicole Lahy
Intensive | 5 Sessions: January 21 — January 25
Tuesday, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Nicole is a former graphic designer who will teach students design principles and an introduction to Adobe Illustrator to then apply to stained glass projects.
CUNY is hiring students like you to educate, engage, and mobilize people to complete the census. We are looking for driven, hard-working people who are enthusiastic and comfortable talking to their neighbors, friends, family, and other students. This is an opportunity to build your communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving skills. Census Corps students earn $15 per hour and work approximately 12 hours a week for between 5 to 7 months starting in the spring 2020 semester
Applications are due Thursday, November 14 at 5 PM
To be eligible for CUNY Census Corps, you must:
- Be matriculated in a CUNY degree program in fall 2019 and plan to re-enroll in spring 2020
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) and ate least 12 college credits at the end of fall 2019
- Have the required documentation to work in the United States
- Be committed to working through June 2020
- Be interested in serving as a CUNY ambassador in a setting that requires professional behavior
Apply here: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/censuscorps
The HACU Scholarship Program 2019-2020 application-OPEN
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities is pleased to be the administrator of scholarship opportunities provided by our partners to assist in defraying some of your college expenditures. Please review each scholarship’s criteria carefully to see if you qualify, since each partner may have differing requirements.
Additional scholarship opportunities will be added in the fall 2019 semester.
In addition, all scholarship applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need if required by scholarship sponsor (typically determined by FAFSA).
- Meet specific criteria for the scholarships to which they are applying.
- Students must currently attend a HACU-member college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico at the time applications are completed and scholarship awards are made. Students transferring schools, the school must also be a HACU-member to be eligible to apply. For the most up-to-date listing of HACU-member institutions, please click here.
- Scholarships are ONLY for enrolled college students. All students must have completed their first semester of freshman year at the time of applying.
Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship – $1,000 – OPEN
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Must be attending a two-year or four-year HACU-Member institution in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Open to all majors
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents of the U.S.
- Students must provide a 500-word essay on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in the United States.
Click here to access the online application
Application deadline: November 22, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST