CUNY is hiring students like you to educate, engage, and mobilize people to complete the census. We are looking for driven, hard-working people who are enthusiastic and comfortable talking to their neighbors, friends, family, and other students. This is an opportunity to build your communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving skills. Census Corps students earn $15 per hour and work approximately 12 hours a week for between 5 to 7 months starting in the spring 2020 semester
Applications are due Thursday, November 14 at 5 PM
To be eligible for CUNY Census Corps, you must:
- Be matriculated in a CUNY degree program in fall 2019 and plan to re-enroll in spring 2020
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) and ate least 12 college credits at the end of fall 2019
- Have the required documentation to work in the United States
- Be committed to working through June 2020
- Be interested in serving as a CUNY ambassador in a setting that requires professional behavior
Apply here: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/censuscorps
The long-awaited second coming of the Faculty Face-Off Design Series is here with a spooky battle royale illustration draw-off! Professor Neugeboren and Professor Woolley throw down on Thursday 10/31 at 12:45-2pm in P114.
Students determine who reigns supreme by grading the professors. You can’t miss this Halloween treat! All are welcome, and in costume if you dare!
The HACU Scholarship Program 2019-2020 application-OPEN
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities is pleased to be the administrator of scholarship opportunities provided by our partners to assist in defraying some of your college expenditures. Please review each scholarship’s criteria carefully to see if you qualify, since each partner may have differing requirements.
Additional scholarship opportunities will be added in the fall 2019 semester.
In addition, all scholarship applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need if required by scholarship sponsor (typically determined by FAFSA).
- Meet specific criteria for the scholarships to which they are applying.
- Students must currently attend a HACU-member college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico at the time applications are completed and scholarship awards are made. Students transferring schools, the school must also be a HACU-member to be eligible to apply. For the most up-to-date listing of HACU-member institutions, please click here.
- Scholarships are ONLY for enrolled college students. All students must have completed their first semester of freshman year at the time of applying.
Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship – $1,000 – OPEN
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Must be attending a two-year or four-year HACU-Member institution in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Open to all majors
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents of the U.S.
- Students must provide a 500-word essay on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in the United States.
Click here to access the online application
Application deadline: November 22, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST
Please join Giuliana Benedicity as she shares her experiences and challenges that contributed to her career and leadership growth.
Giuliana Benedicty is a leading project manager at Hunter Roberts with a solid reputation for working on public housing and higher education projects in the Bronx, Harlem and Washington Heights. She is respected by colleagues and clients alike for her easy going personality and ‘all-in’ work ethic. Benedicty co-founded the Greater Place to Work for Women (GPWW) committee at Hunter Roberts when she realized that professional women would benefit from an internal network. Her insistence that a women’s initiative fosters communication and sense of community within the workplace is evidence of her qualities as a leader and role
model. Learn more by joining her talk on October 17,2019.
Paid Internship for College Students:
CHCI is seeking full-time undergraduate students who are interested in a paid congressional experience, learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process while working for a member of Congress and receiving weekly leadership training from CHCI.
Focus Area: All Majors, with a high need for STEM majors
Location: Washington, D.C.
Benefits: Round-trip airfare, housing, stipend, and public transportation benefits are included.
Spring 2020 Program Dates: January 27 – April 17, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019
Summer 2020 Program Dates: May 26 – July 31, 2020 (10 weeks)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Program Dates: August 31 – November 20, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
The application deadline for Spring is quickly approaching! Apply today and spend a PAID semester participating in leadership development training, networking with industry leaders, engaging in public service, building lasting friendships and learning to be a change agent for the community.
Deadline Approaching: OCTOBER 21, 2019
Visit link to know more.
Hopperx1 New York City is November 4, 2019
Visit link to know more.
Join this career panel discussion with Googlers who work in a variety of UX roles. They will share their journey to Google, talk about their projects, and how best to prepare for internships and full-time jobs. The panelists will be talking about their roles in Design and Research as it relates to User Experience. Computer Science, and students in the Social Sciences welcome!
When: Thursday October 17, 2019
Where: 259 Adams St. Room P114
Time: 12pm to 1:30pm
Please RSVP @ https://goo.gle/2Mr5ger