Quinoa: Who’s Paying for Superfoods
Join Zoom Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Apply to be a YPE NYC clean energy mentee by May 1!
YPE NYC is offering a mentorship program for undergraduate students interested in a clean energy career. If you’re interested in learning about career opportunities in renewable energy and aspire to join the next generation of clean energy leaders, apply now to join our first mentee cohort! The mentorship program will run from September 2021 to February 2022.
Who should apply?
Current undergraduate students interested in:
· learning about career opportunities in clean energy;
· receiving job and internship advice and application assistance;
· gaining access to a network of dedicated NYC energy professionals; and
· driving social, racial, and energy equity.
Preference will be given to rising juniors and seniors. Mentees should have some relationship to NYC (e.g. grew up in or attend college in NYC). Students that identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ are especially encouraged to apply.
What are the expectations for Mentees?
Mentees should expect to dedicate 4-5 hours per month to this Program between September 2021 and February 2022. This will include monthly program-wide virtual events as well as one-on-one meetings between mentors and mentees. Responsibilities outside of scheduled events/meetings may include:
· Preparing for and participating in informational interviews with energy professionals of your choosing;
· Strengthening your resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letters, with the assistance of your mentor;
· Attending optional virtual tours, webinars, or lunch-and-learns; and
· Participating in a leadership event, such as serving as a panelist in an event for a high school audience, or delivering a presentation to the mentor/mentee cohort on an energy topic of your choosing.
When and where will the program take place?
All mandatory events for the Inaugural Mentorship Program will be held virtually. The Program will run six months, from September 2021 to February 2022. Mentees will be selected by June 2021.
Learn more on our website: ypenyc.org/mentorship
Apply to be a clean energy mentee here by Sat, May 1, 2021, 5pm EST.
The Writing Center is offering ONLINE TUTORING for City Tech students in Spring 2021. Students who need help with essays, research papers, lab reports, etc., are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments for one-on-one Zoom tutoring. All genres of writing from all disciplines are welcome!
Writing tutors will meet with students for 45-minute sessions. When coming in for an appointment, students should share an electronic copy of the assignment guidelines and preferably a draft of their work.
In addition to one-on-one writing tutoring, we also offer:
1. Small group productivity workshops to support homework completion. Please see our weekly workshop schedule here.
2. Specialized workshops to support reading and writing. Please see here for a list of our upcoming workshops.
The Writing Center will follow City Tech’s academic calendar. Our hours are from Monday to Friday. We are open through Monday, May 24, and closed for holidays.
Here’s a video about our services. Visit the Writing Center OpenLab site for more information and learn more about scheduling an appointment.