About Advanced Testing…..
CUNY is hiring students like you to educate, engage, and mobilize people to complete the census. We are looking for driven, hard-working people who are enthusiastic and comfortable talking to their neighbors, friends, family, and other students. This is an opportunity to build your communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving skills. Census Corps students earn $15 per hour and work approximately 12 hours a week for between 5 to 7 months starting in the spring 2020 semester
Applications are due Thursday, November 14 at 5 PM
To be eligible for CUNY Census Corps, you must:
- Be matriculated in a CUNY degree program in fall 2019 and plan to re-enroll in spring 2020
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) and ate least 12 college credits at the end of fall 2019
- Have the required documentation to work in the United States
- Be committed to working through June 2020
- Be interested in serving as a CUNY ambassador in a setting that requires professional behavior
Apply here: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/censuscorps
Walker Ridge Construction was founded two decades ago to provide general contracting services in the development and build-out of residential and commercial properties and spaces. In just over a decade the company has become a leading choice of New York City’s most discerning owners and architects.
Now as they are looking to expand our operations in the private and in the public sector and seeking to take on more projects, they are looking for a motivated intern to help out their estimating department.
Required tasks including but not limited to:
- Internet based search for bid opportunities;
- communicating with architectural firms;
- studying and analyzing architectural, structural, MEP drawings and scope descriptions;
- takeoffs using PlanSwift software;
- reaching out to suppliers and subcontractors.
They are offering a part time, possibly compensated opportunity.
The ideal candidate already completed or has ongoing coursework related to construction management, construction estimating or construction administration.
Interested candidates please email your resume to Zsolt Rozsavolgyi at email@example.com
Professional Women in Construction
PWC-NY is looking for an intern to help support our growing organization. In addition to event planning, corresponding marketing projects and administrative duties, interns at PWC have the opportunity to engage with and learn from our members, who are all professionals in the AEC industry.
- Event coordination
- Marketing material design
- Social media marketing
- Press release writing
- Administrative support
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work 20 hours or 2 days per week
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to Kirstin Uptegrove at firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Tech Consultants of NY ( FTC ) is a Comprehensive Engineering, Inspection and Testing Company that has earned a highly regarded reputation for professionalism and reliability in the construction industry. FTC is owned and operated by Professional Engineers with consulting and inspection backgrounds. Celebrating our 24th year of business, we offer an impressive benefits and compensation package.
They are now hiring ACI I Field Concrete Technicians as well as Materials Testing Lab trainee. They are located at 52 E 2nd Street, Mineola NY 11501. Training and room for growth is available. The comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, dependent care, company paid life. insurance & long term disability, paid time off, holidays and a 401K plan with profit share.
Please contact Stephanie Martinez, HR Director at email@example.com
Paid Internship for College Students:
CHCI is seeking full-time undergraduate students who are interested in a paid congressional experience, learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process while working for a member of Congress and receiving weekly leadership training from CHCI.
Focus Area: All Majors, with a high need for STEM majors
Location: Washington, D.C.
Benefits: Round-trip airfare, housing, stipend, and public transportation benefits are included.
Spring 2020 Program Dates: January 27 – April 17, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019
Summer 2020 Program Dates: May 26 – July 31, 2020 (10 weeks)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Program Dates: August 31 – November 20, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
The application deadline for Spring is quickly approaching! Apply today and spend a PAID semester participating in leadership development training, networking with industry leaders, engaging in public service, building lasting friendships and learning to be a change agent for the community.
Deadline Approaching: OCTOBER 21, 2019
Visit link to know more.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love tackling challenges that build a positive impact? If so, then we want you.
Apple is looking for a Field Project Manager to develop and run small CapEx & OpEx construction projects to completion within Apple Standards and Client’s needs. Strong communications/written skills and financial tracking diligence required. Simultaneous management of numerous construction projects typical. Successfully performs in a multitasking environment with tight schedules and budgets
- Experience collaborating and leading design professionals, project management firms, construction management firms, construction contractors, and other construction consulting services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently organize these diverse work efforts into a productive team
- Ability to handle multiple design and construction projects occurring concurrently
- Run a variety of project types and sizes under aggressive schedules and tight budgets
- Experience with systems & ancillary furniture, space planning, and client move services
- Experience with quality control/assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles to projects
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on multiple design and construction activities
- Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations; and experience with the full range of Federal, State and Local entitlement and building code approval processes for varying regions and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of all relevant construction-based, energy-related programs including LEED
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives.
You will work collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned.
You will identify disparity between “what is”and “what ought to be” regarding priorities for the team.
You wil craft and implement an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments.
Develop the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints with the approved scope/quality.
Build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding.
Oversee the development/management of the project timeline.
Assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement.
In coordination with Contract Administration perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts
Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction.
Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects.
Provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
Special consideration will be given to LEED AP certification and PMP certification