This week, we continue our 5-part self-guided series and ask: How do others use the OpenLab? The tasks below will help you explore how members of the City Tech community use the OpenLab to support their learning, teaching, community-building, and other scholarly and pedagogical pursuits.
- Task 1: Check out In the Spotlight, our blog series that features a different site each week. You can review these blog entries by:
- Task 2: Peruse the OpenLab’s new monthly blog series, Pedagogy Profiles, to learn more about how City Tech’s educators began and continue to use the platform to support their work.
- Task 3: Read the Winter 2017 Nucleus Issue, which featured pieces from faculty about the creative ways they’ve used the OpenLab in the context of their courses and/or research. See our spotlight post on this issue for more!
- Task 4: Explore the community using various search and filter options:
- You can search through people, courses, projects, clubs and portfolios using the menu at the top and the magnifying glass in the top-right.
- You can also search courses, projects, clubs and portfolios using the links titled by type of site (courses, projects, clubs, portfolios) under the slider. From the search page, use the filters (top-right) to tailor your search.
We’ll be in touch next week to help you join the OpenLab and figure out how you might use the platform.
The OpenLab Community Team