The OpenLab Community Team offers students, faculty, and staff members support for getting started, setting up your OpenLab site, continuing your OpenLab work:
- Sign up for One-on-one Open Hours for a 30-minute Zoom session with a member of the OpenLab Community Team
- Sign up for one of our scheduled workshops below, or request a workshop for your group
- Use Help materials and screencasts to guide your work
- Reach out for email support by sending a message to us at OpenLab@CityTech.cuny.edu or via our contact form.
Winter 2023 Workshops
Join the OpenLab team for a workshop to learn–or learn more–about the OpenLab! These workshops are open to all students, faculty, and staff members.
Use the registration links below to sign up and get a Zoom link for each day’s workshops.
- 10:00-10:30 Getting Started
- 10:30-12:00 Working on the OpenLab
Register for the 1/19 workshops. Please indicate which workshops you plan to attend (you are welcome to attend both).
- 12-12:30 Getting Started
- 12:30-2:00 Working on the OpenLab
Register for the 1/23 workshops. Please indicate which workshops you plan to attend (you are welcome to attend both).
Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab
In addition to these focused workshops, the OpenLab hosts Open Pedagogy events each semester. These events bring together faculty and staff from across City Tech, CUNY, and the New York metro area for focused discussions of open pedagogy, with an emphasis on how these aspects take place on the OpenLab and in other similar digital environments. Recent topics include access, annotation, copyright and attribution, multimedia pedagogy, and ungrading.
Stay tuned for more information about our Spring 2023 Open Pedagogy event schedule!
Learn more on our in-house site, Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab.