The Open Road

active 4 days, 6 hours ago
The Open Road
This Project is OPEN.
Technology & Design, Professional Studies, Arts & Sciences
Project Description

The Open Road is our place to highlight all that’s possible on the OpenLab. Join now to keep up on OpenLab news, events, and updates. Check our weekly In the Spotlight posts for a glimpse into the incredible work being done by City Tech students, faculty, and staff. Follow OpenLab News for announcements and site updates. And see our OpenLab Calendar for office hours, events, and workshops. You can find our workshop schedule and signup for workshops here as well.

The Open Road is also a place for the OpenLab community (meaning you!). We would love your feedback, insight, and comments. Please send along anything on the OpenLab that you love!

We are always available for any questions you might have. Email us anytime at!

In the Spotlight: Winter Python Workshop 2018

This week we’re spotlighting the Winter Python Workshop 2018 project site. Created by mathematics p […] See MoreIn the Spotlight: Winter Python Workshop 2018

Workshop Opportunity: Accessibility-a-thon!

Join us for an Accessibility-a-thon on Thursday March 8th from 1:30pm - 3:30pm in A441 […] See MoreWorkshop Opportunity: Accessibility-a-thon!

In the Spotlight: The Gowanus Project

This week we’re spotlighting The Gowanus Project. This project explores the neighborhood and the h […] See MoreIn the Spotlight: The Gowanus Project

In my opinion, "The Guide" is a necessary reference for all of our students, but especially […] See More

Hi Professor Zimmerman, It is great to hear from you! In order to complete your request, See More

Hello! I am teaching an internship course for the Business + Technology of Fashion Program, and […] See More

I’ve Used WordPress, What Should I Know About the OpenLab?

If you've used WordPress in other places (, other CUNY installations), we'd love to hear what differences you've found, or things you think new users should know. Please let us know here, and we'll accumulate your tips here! […] See MoreI’ve Used WordPress, What Should I Know About the OpenLab?

How can we make the Open Road Better?

I'm starting this topic as a way open a discussion about how we can make the Open Road better. What would you like to see covered in the weekly posts? Are there particular aspects about the OpenLab that you'd like to know more about? […] See MoreHow can we make the Open Road Better?

What’s your favorite Open Road post?

Reply in this thead to let us know what Open Road post is your favorite! See MoreWhat’s your favorite Open Road post?

Official Open Road Suggestion Box

In this document, please list all your suggestions for new posts on the Open Road: 1. Some post on the newest plugins please! 2. The great things people are doing on the OpenLab!   WP-Table […] See MoreOfficial Open Road Suggestion Box