Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #10

Its November 3, 2015, slowly winter is approaching. This is my last semester at City Tech. Finally all the dedication and hard work will grant me a Bachelor’s degree. I’ve been at City Tech far too long now. I’m excited because I never thought I would get this far. Once this semester is over, I can finally say I have a Bachelor’s degree.

However, there’s still about a month left and let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I must still get through internship class. I am currently interning at City Tech Image & Visual Communications. Just like every other day; I rolled into the office cheerfully I said “good morning” and got prepared to work. I looked around and saw the Alumni department was busy as usual. My supervisor Mr. Vargas gave me a new task to work on and told me to hold off with revising the City Tech Wi-Fi logo.

Today, I worked in Photoshop’s camera RAW and adjusted the lighting, contrast, and saturation of 28 photos. Each photo portrayed one or more school security guard’s. One of the security guard’s was sitting next to a woman in a lavender shirt. They are seated behind, a table that is covered by a blue cloth. On the top of the table there are pamphlets about New York City emergency plans for pets and people, opening up business in New York City and a laptop. Students are gathered around the table asking questions to the security guard.

It was definitely a productive day because I haven’t worked in camera RAW for a long time. Working in camera RAW today, helped understand how to adjust the lighting, contrast, and saturation of the photos.