Amy Journal #8

It is almost the end of May and my job today was to proofread the entire May magazine before it is being sent to the production company. The reason that they entrusted me with this task was because they discovered that I am very good at organizing and structuring the layout. They discovered it through these past weeks of assignments that I did. I started off by fixing the space and punctuation mistakes because almost every magazine ads had this problem except the ones that I designed unless others disrupted it for copying and pasting while not being careful. But fixing the space among the Chinese characters was a lot of work. Chinese character does not break down into hyphen like the alphabetical letters to the next line. The only way to fix it was to change the text box width. But, what worked for one text box does not guarantee that it would work for the other text boxes. So readjusting the length and width, size, and font was necessary to make sure that it worked for most. The biggest challenge was to find the right font for the document. Some words do not show up with certain fonts and with limited selection of fonts. Thus, doubling my work by triple. The final step was to justify all the text to the right. After done with adjusting the texts, fixing some of the images and design alignments were next. The images and design alignments were pretty fast. Because I was so into the assignment, I completely forgot to keep track of time. When I realized the time, I felt so energetic.