Amy Journal #5

Recently, I started paying really close attention to the Ads on the subways. While heading off to work at the other workplace, during the subway ride, I pay close attention to the elements and the color that they corporate together in the ads. Some of them caught my attention and I thought to myself what if I incorporate this design into the Chinese magazine that I worked on. One Ad that left me a very deep impression was the Ads that only use three colors; black, white, and blue. It was very simple and clean. As soon as I thought of that the second thought hits me, it is not going to work with the Chinese magazine. Even though the American ads are all about simplicity, but the ads on the subways are just too ugly to look at. Out of a hundred of them, probably only a few that would really catch my attention. Then on the way home taking the subway, one ad totally caught my attention. That ad featured one of my classmates that are also from NYCCT. That moment, I felt like she was a celebrity and I was so honored that I knew her. Because of that, I completely stopped paying attention to the other ads. What a bad influence.