Entry #12

Last week was a mild one at the internship. I was in charge of creating the center piece spread for Nucleus magazine, in addition to a page with the name of the PSC CUNY awardees of 2015. The spreads (they were actually two) featured the pictures I took at the Architecture department at the Vorhees building. I did several tries until I was able to get the final version approved. Marlon, my coworker, is in charge of the rest of the magazine’s design and served as a resourceful help. Prof. Jordan, as always, was also an important for this project.

The awardees page was more of a physical labor than a mental one. I had to get all 25 names divided in columns, and also organize them with each department they were part of and title they were given. All information barely fit in one page, but it did, so that’s all that matters. That kind of page in a magazine doesn’t really bring beauty to it, it’s just there to deliver some important information.

Now, the Architecture spreads were a blast to work on. My job was to fit in photos of student work, of the professor featured in the story and copy of something around 500 words. Dorian was in charge of the last edition of Nucleus, and he created a visual guideline book for it that helped me a lot. I was no hassle to follow the guidelines, and at the same time I was able to give it a feel of my own. Prof Jordan was very happy with the results, and so was I.