Journal #10 – Brian Rubio

This week at my internship was very productive. After last weeks visit from Lyoto Machida, a professional MMA fighter, the boss and I came up with an idea that would help both the store and my photography. The idea is, when ever we have a signing or an event most people scramble to take their phones out and hold up the line to take a photo. To avoid this, we decided that I can be in charge and take photos of each guest and at the end of the event edit and post them on a designated album on the shops Facebook page. Each guest/customer that is following the shop via Facebook can freely go into the album and download the picture thus creating more traffic onto the page and exposing my work at the same time. Along with this idea the shop has allowed me to watermark the pictures with their logo and my own. Learning to watermark several pictures at a time was a challenge on its own and it isn’t something we’ve learned in class. After watching some tutorials on Youtube I found it easy, the next challenge was to separate the landscape and portrait photos so that the watermarks can sit in the same position in each photo (easier said then done). Regardless of the work and research I’m very excited to have this opportunity and grow with this company. Sharing ideas and watching them develop to make a company improve in the slightest is a wonderful thing.

Here are some of the shots from that day.

IMG_0955 IMG_0956 IMG_0957 IMG_0958