Blog/Citing

Citing information is important and necessaryĀ for many reasons and one of them is acknowledgment for who wrote the book/article. To meĀ citing makes your source relevant, and supports what ever work you are doing. People who read your work always want to know where your information came from,Ā ItĀ validatesĀ your work.Ā because if you do not put where it came from, people will judge your work and mayĀ notĀ believeĀ its factual. People also may think youĀ plagiarizedĀ your work or copy it because it was notĀ cited.Ā Cite work by posting the web address or you could always use easybib.com, to cite works.

3 responses to “Blog/Citing

1. Agreeing with your blog post, citing the information one has used is important. Many of us make research on our own and use the strategy to see where that information came from and if it is reliable. Same goes for when we write a research paper, giving the audience the information of the sources we used.

2. I totally agree with every single point you made. Whenever I am reading an article or someone’s research paper, I ask myself “where did this information came from?ā€. The last thing you want to do is go through someone elseā€™s writing and then find out that they got all their information from the back of a Snappleā€™s bottle cap. I also agree with your point about Easybib. Like many other things, Easybib was something that I had not had the opportunity to work with until recently and it has really come in handy for me. Itā€™s a simple and easy way to cite your work without having to worry about the format you use since it does it automatically.

3. I totally agree with every single point you made. Whenever I am reading an article or someone’s research paper, I ask myself “where did this information came from?ā€. The last thing you want to do is go through someone elseā€™s writing and then find out that they got all their information from the back of a Snappleā€™s bottle cap. I also agree with your point about Easybib. Like many other things, Easybib was something that I had not had the opportunity to work with until recently and it has really come in handy for me. Itā€™s a simple and easy way to cite your work without having to worry about the format you use since it does it automatically.