COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Maria Iacono – Discussion 4

Unlike Aleksander Rodchenko I believe art should be self expressed rather than giving it a use to society…

• In my manifesto I’d make art expressive and something fun for the artist rather than having it be a burden.
  • It would be all up to the artist whether they wanted to lend their talents to society or not and it shouldn’t be forced. 
  • It’s about the freedom of choice and expression. 
  • Artists should would be respected more in my manifesto. It takes years for someone to perfect their craft and sometimes it is not taken seriously.
  • It’s also important for artists to put themselves first before they even think about contributing their talents to society. Breaks are needed and artists should not be overworked.

Aleksander Rodchenko takes the freedom away from artists.

1. Iqra Bhatti

Hi, Maria
    I agree with your, statement, Artists should indeed be appreciated more, Someone’s profession takes years to perfect, and it’s not always taken more seriously. Looking at the manifesto reveals a lot about the artist’s artistic preferences.

2. Simonlei

Right from the first bullet point i’ve read, I was hooked. I am a fan of the way you think and what you believe in. I totally agree on the fact that artists should choose how they would like their work to be presented. Additionally having artists put themselves first is very important in various aspects of mentality, physically and financially.

3. Gloria Rosario

Hi,

I really enjoyed reading your post and I agree with a lot of that you are saying here and I also feel that It should be about freedom and choice of expression. I think it some way we are limited more nowadays, because people expect you to talk about every topic that is gaining attention and if you are quiet about it it looks like you don’t care or you don’t want to use your voice. We are very invested in everything nowadays and that has lot to do with technology, is like we are a big family.

4. Lin Chao Chao

Yes, designers should have their own ideas and choices about their designs. Our design is like a child we have conceived, and we have the right to choose how to arrange it.