COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Discussion 3

As I was going through the Superbowl commercials of 2022 I found one to be the best at selling their product. The commercial for doritos and cheetos was very minimalistic in terms of dialogue, but you can understand what the concept behind the commercial. The animals in the wild all had a taste of these spicy chips and reacted to the heat by making noises. More and more of them tried them and turned into a symphony of acapella. From the body language you can assume that their heated up from the chips. Overall fun commercial and definitely made me want chips.

1. Lin Chao Chao

Hi Simonlei, I’m eating these chips. The ad does a good job of letting the audience know that the chips are spicy through the animal’s reaction. And each animal reacts differently after eating it, just like different people have different preferences and tastes.

2. Gloria Rosario

Hi,

I agree with you, this is such a fun commercial. I love the visuals too and the way the presented the product. I don’t eat chips and definitely made me want to have some as well!

3. Faye Wang

Hi Simon, this AD gives me a great example of combining body language, rhythm and selling point. Rather than using human actors, the body language of animals were more effective, also can leave a deeper memory to audience.

4. Yiqiang Wang

In this advertisement, the spicy of Doritos is not expressed by human language and facial expressions, but by the expressions and sounds of animals to express the new spicy chips, and Animals also give up their nature to eat chips together, also shows that the chips are very delicious.