How is the structure (and/or program spaces) expressed poetically in a design fashion as part of the architectural design?
In teams of three visit the Center for Architecture and review the two exhibitions, Topiary Tango & Big Ideas for Small Lots NYC. Each team will review one case study and review it in terms of its Tectonics.
Divide the teamwork among its team members as follows:
- Drawings/sketches to illustrate how Tectonic are expressed in the case study.
- Photo essay of the case study and web research with links on the finalist/artist.
- A written description of how the project addresses tectonics in architecture.
Case studies to be reviewed are:
- Topiary Tango
- Anawan/101 + Kane AUD: “Mass Green Living”
- Michael Sorkin Studio: “Greenfill House as Garden”
- OBJ: “Fold and Stack”
- Only If Architecture: “Only If”
- Palette Architecture: “More with Less”
Useful assignment links: