BT2 Summer 2020
Research the case context and site of the module B (Colchester Ecohouse) project.
The research is broken down into 5 teams:
- Site; Colchester demographics and Connectivity to London
- Mapping: at three scales 1:250, 1:500, & 1:1000
- contextual design; contrast the project to the Essex design guide
- site West elevations; six buildings three buildings on either side of the project
- case studies; in Colchester find examples of modern and ecological architecture
Post your research up to the blackboard discussion area by Wednesday (6-9-2020) noon.
Below the old assignment from spring 2020 (not applicable to Summer 2020):
Research the case study project Cooper Residence, Designed by Gwathmey Siegel & Associates Architects in Orleans, MA 1969.
Collect at least the following reference material to be uploaded to blackboard
- Site Maps and/or drawings [Recommended scales 1” equals 20’ and 200’ and 100,000’ for the 1″ to 20″ scale drawing look for tax Maps which give you lot sizes with dimensions]
- Plans (all, including the roof plan)
- Photographs including one showing each elevation clearly (6 minimum)
- Elevations (2 minimum)
- Recommended; sections, axonometric drawing,s and 3D models
You are required to credit your source for each image or drawin.