My experience of “Englishes” can be describe a mix of Lyiscott and Tan due to not being fluent in English or “articulate” as Lyiscott stated. People that can’t speak fluent English come across obstacles like people that are judgmental, and even being ignored. My personal experience was when my mom had me and my twin sister, she did not know any English. Without the knowledge of English and speaking it she knew there will be many obstacles in the future. While growing up my mom did not teach us English, we would always speak Spanish. Once entering elementary school, I did not know any English and speaked only Spanish which led me into Speech therapy to learn English. We would always be judged because we would not understand our classmates. Until this day my kindergarten teacher remembers me and tells me how impresses she is that I learned a second language and is proud. My kindergarten teacher was always there to support me even though she did not know Spanish to communicate with me, she would do body language and show comfort towards me. However, there are days that I remember when I went to lunch and asked for a sandwich and got ignored because they did not understand me. In Tan she expressed “her thoughts were imperfect. And I had plenty of empirical evidence to support me: the fact that people in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her, or even acted as if they did not hear her”. This brought my memory because it showed how rude people can be due to the fact that you can’t speak English and will deny you service without them knowing how the person feels being ignored. While going to middle school my classmates understood me sometimes due to key words and phrases and did not judged me. Overall, I have learned there are many ways to use and speak English like slang professional and texting and people should not criticize others and can make a change my helping others improve themselves without judgment and fear to get rejected by the community or love ones and can connect to Lyiscott and Tan