Throughout my life I’ve been hearing the words or even sentences in conversations ”broken English” “not correct” “not proper” “it’s not the right way” “that’s not how you say it”. In this story by “Jamila Lyiscott” three Way to speak English. She talks about her experience in life where people will judge towards her way of speaking “English” and even her self correcting others. Except she explains how she speaks 3 different types of English so is there really a wrong way? Or is it wrong because each English has rules ?.  She calls herself articulate which means The ability to speak fluently. As she stated “I’ve decided to treat all three of my languages as equals because I am articulate” Which means in Her world she doesn’t care what others have to say because it’s understandable they have  rules. But it wouldn’t stop her from speaking how ever she wants. But depending the people she’s around would have to talk different for example she said around white people her answer is tainted with a connotation of urbanize. Jamila also says some people may say she talks hood but it’s still English it’s just not someone else’s English perhaps “hood” English or slang has it rules also. I can totally relate as my father is foreign and for him to come to America he didn’t speak English at all but over the years he learned!!.  way he speaks isn’t the same as the way I speak since I’m born in America. I guess people say I speak English more clearly but with my dad he speaks broken English and grammar can be very different also.  I was one of those people who would say especially to my dad “that’s not how you say it” but after I read this article by Jamila I figured she is right there’s no right or wrong of how to speak English except what stops us from thinking that is “rules” & “corrections. and this is no secret but I may be born in America but I do not speak perfect English. On the other hand I watched a video by tans he was speaking about how his family knows fluent Spanish but he doesn’t but it’s still didn’t stop him from him learning his own language and him to be involved in the tradition and music. He states “it’s not lying if I feel something” and “your just suppose to feel it”. I understand completely that I am also a person who doesn’t know her language fluently but tries to learn and yes I’ve made progress but I am not fluently yet but I can become if I keep feeling without feeling you won’t take it as serious and won’t learn.