Recombinant DNA Technology
Questions for thought
- Why do you think that origins of replication are made of A’s and T’s?
- What is different about the types of bonds holding the double strands together versus phosphodiester bonds of the DNA backbone?
- Can DNA digested with SmaI be ligated to DNA digested with EcoRV?
- If so, which enzyme will be able to digest this new DNA?
- Beadle, G. W.; Tatum, E. L. (1941). “Genetic Control of Biochemical Reactions in Neurospora”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 27 (11): 499–506. doi:10.1073/pnas.27.11.499. PMC . PMID 16588492
- Lederberg J, Tatum EL (1946). “Gene recombination in E. coli“. Nature. 158 (4016): 558. doi:10.1038/158558a0