Daisy Xia: HW4: Is It Time to Take Down the Mona Lisa?

In my opinion I believe that the Mona Lisa should be taken down. I of course don’t mean forever I believe that the Mona Lisa should be taken down for a period of time maybe for a couple of years and then put back up again for a short while before going into storage once again. I believe this because from reading the article and on a more personal opinion I can tell that the people come to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa is not even interested in seeing it. They just want to take selfies to prove that they saw it and get out as quickly as possible since its so crowded. Also the Louvre talks about how there are so many people that they even had to shut down it for a couple of days. In addition the article states people criticize the Mona Lisa questioning what’s so special about this painting. I feel if we take down the Mona Lisa for a while people might appreciate it a little more after not being able to see it. Of course people will still be able to study it since it is all over the internet and in books and many copies of it is sold everywhere.