Industry Profile Essay Submission

16 Responses to Industry Profile Essay Submission

1. Qin Lin says:

Rose House began in 1990, and the founder of Rose House is Mr.Robert Huang. He had a great inclinations to roses.This place is an artistic English tea house. The owner of this place is a famous Taiwanese artist who specializes in painting roes. He is one of the designated designers for the British royal family. He was involved in designing the party for the 60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II, and the royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. He owns over 50 Rose Houses worldwide and each displaces some of his paintings and fancy tea sets he designed.
    I would like to be a pastry chef because I like to try different type of desserts. The different of the pastry chefs are more focused on the appearance of the dessert. They also have artistic talent and creativity make desserts looks nice and good taste. I f taste doesn’t good, people will not eat it. A pastry chef must have the unique design and creativity for desserts. I love the store ” Rose House”, and I want to work there when I will a trainer. Rose House is a romantic place for people to enjoy.The food is delicious there. I highly recommend. Also, The dessert of the “Rose House” can be described as a classic of New York dessert. Therefore, I hope to make some unique desserts in my store for customers in the future.

References:http://www.queenscrossing.com/shopinfo/rose-house/

2. JCabreraIII says:

Marie-Antione Careme was a french chef who served the royalty of Europe. He was born on June 8, 1784 Paris, France and died on January 12, 1833. He wrote several classics works on cuisine and advanced the notion of cuisine as both an art and science. He was the founder of French Gastronomy and a pioneer of grande cuisine. Careme’s cuisine was famous for it’s decorative and elaborate display in his dishes as well as fresh ingredients used on the dishes. In the hospitality industry he shaped and contributed to the development of restaurants. As a chef in the industry, he also helped create a new culinary ethic in France and the way of art presentation in many dishes.

In this hospitality industry, my career goals is expand my range of tastes and spices. Another future career goal is to open my own restaurant business and expand through the states as well. In my pursuit for my career goals, I want my dishes to portray beauty in the eyes of my consumers as Careme dishes did. From this experience, I would like to learn more of what spices are a good mixture with each other. I would also like to learn the science in the nature of culinary arts. In the industry as Careme he shaped the way we see and taste the way of french food and other’s.

Refrence: Cooking for Kings: The Life of Antonin Careme, the First Celebrity Chef

Refrence: http://www.britannica.com/biography/Marie-Antoine-Careme

Refrence: http://www.cooksinfo.com/marie-antoine-careme

3. J.Sosa says:

I am most honored and thankful to be chosen by Korri McFann, marketing and business sales and strategy director of Walt Disney Company to be a part of the team of wedding planners in the Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings.
    Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings was founded and incorporated into yet another of World Disney’s dream venue in 1991. CEO Michael Eisner was its founding father after he came up with the brilliant idea of it in late 1980’s. In 1995 Korri McFann began her career with Disney and is now director of Disney’s Weddings. Disney has always been a hospitality and entertainment sector widely and internationally recognized. It has always been known for its amusement attraction parks, its magic weaved through it characters, its outstanding service carried out by all cast members, and its Resorts & Spas. For years it has created everlasting wonderful and magical memories for children and families. Now all those aspects have been interwoven into the adults world of their magical date- their wedding day. Thus by May 2013 it had been approximated that it had carried out about 1,500 dream weddings per year. Aside from its parenting brand “Walt Disney”, a key in the success of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings is that it keeps in mind its clients budgets giving them the option of different packages and also guest size(as few as 20 guests or more). Clients can also incorporate different locations and venues from Disneyland, Disney World, Hawaii’s Aulani Disney Resort & Spa as well as four of its Cruise Lines into their wedding date and honeymoon. Convenience is also key as we are a one stop shop for our clients, beginning to end(ceremony, reception, honeymoon) as well as everything in between from food and beverage, flowers, lighting, entertainment, hairdressing, makeup, spa amenities, photography, video, and even importantly the dress-through Alfred Angelo’s bridal collection & David Tutera’s Couture Collection.
    My goals as a wedding planner within this division of Walt Disney is to use my expertise in the hospitality industry, creativity, and the shared dream concept of weddings to continue to meet and exceed our clients expectations and create one truly unforgettable and magical day. Therefore their wedding date will be an forever lasting memory in their lives and hence continuing our role as a distinguished and unique wedding destination. One not to be overlooked. Not only do I aim to make it a dream one for our clients, but also as well as tailor and customize it to their preferences and likes to make them also feel at home. Such is an example as through our option of letting our clients choose any home dishes they might like us to include in the menu. I aim to excel in all aspects as a professional wedding planner from pre-event, planning sessions, menu & cake tasting, and the final execution, assuring our clients that they are receiving the best quality, care and detail. Through out my journey with Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings I hope to learn from other wedding planners as well, as we are a team and we all benefit from performing and giving better service to our clients when we can merge and implement our ideas together. At last I hope to full fill my over-all goal of having made a positive contribution to the hospitality industry.

Source Sites/ References:
    -Hotelfandb.com/bid/may-june2013-walt-disney-fairy-tale-weddings.asp
    -Looksharp.com/company/disney/roles/disney’s-fairy-tale-weddings-internship-spring-2
    -Disneyweddings.com

4. Alambert says:

I have just been hired as head chef of Francis Mallman’s restaurant 1884 of Mendoza, Argentina. It is amazing to work under such a respected author and chef that can appreciate the simplicity of flavors and hospitality experiences. Francis Mallman is a famous grill master from the city of Accaaauso, Buenos Aires Province. He began his journey in the culinary industry in 1970 through boat tourism in Lake Naheul Huapi. Later in his career he worked throughout Paris alongside influential French chefs such as Paul Bocuse. Since then, he has published several books, his most recent being “Seven Fires” and established three high profile restaurants. Those restaurants are, of course the revered 1884 Francis Mallman, The Pantagonia Sur and El Garzon Hotel & Restaurant in Uruguay, South America.

Mallman’s style of cooking is an honest, rustic, open fire twist on South American cuisine which has caught the eye of Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants (making #37 on the list) Also, Food & Wine, Saveur, New York Times and Departure publications as well as several others. He recently been featured in Netflix’s 2015 six-part docu-series “Chef’s Table” This is where I discovered chef and became fascinated not only by his art and intellect but the heartfelt passion he includes into every one of his dishes. The visual beauty of his cooking in Chef’s Table was so gloriously mouthwatering I watched his episode several times over.

Francis Mallman has developed a sensual style and culture in his restaurants all his own and I would love to possess this kind of exceptional, unique style just the same. I gravitated to his culinary characteristic but his charisma too. In his documentary episode he spoke on how he finds solace in retreating back to his private island in Argentina, even away from his immediate family. You can see he is a person who desires escape and has told friends “I no longer enjoy talking to you” as well as cutting off many of his guacho chefs when he feels they’ve been around way too long. Francis Mallman is a truthful man who values freedom and spirit to its very core. I find Mallman wildly enchanting. I am gleaming with joy to be working with him. This is a dream in fruition and I am ready to experience the growth within this restaurant as well as within myself.
    References
    Fried, A. Gelb. D. Jeter, C. Mc. Ginn, B. (2015) Chef’s Table. Dagress, Claire. Argentina. Netflix.

Kaminisky, P. (2009, June) . Gaucho Grilling with Francis Mallman. Food & Wine.
    Lucking, S. Francis Mallman- Argentina’s Fiery Chef. ABOUT. Travel.

Panna, Acqua. Pelleginos, S. The World’s 50 Best Latin Restaurants . Francis Mallman 1844. 2014.

Stein, D. J. (2015, April 24). TV Review: Netflix’s Chef’s Table Digs Deep Into Creative Life. The Eater.

5. Alambert says:

References

6. Jmora97 says:

Rachael Ray comes from a family of Sicilian- American as well as French-American descent full of cooks. They owned a Restaurant in Massachusetts while her mother managed restaurants in New York. Ray’s first job was at the candy counter in Macy’s in New York City. After some time, she managed the fresh foods department there and later assisted the opening of a New York City market called Agata & Valentina. After moving back upstate, she became manager of Mister Brown’s Pub at a famous hotel in Lake George known as the Sagamore. She became a buyer and chef at a gourmet market in Suburban Albany called Cowan & Lobel. Along with her cookbooks and television hosting, Ray has also endorsed commodities for Burger King and Prince Chopper supermarkets and even emerged her own line of cutlery and cookware.
    My career goals are to be as successful as possible like Rachael Ray, being on Talk shows and initiating her own magazine “ Every day with Rachael Ray “ in conjunction with “ Reader’s Digest “. She even has her own brand of santoku knives and became a spokesperson for Nabisco crackers. Besides that, Rachael even dedicated some of her time to charity and I would like to be able to inspire as many lives like she did with all that she has accomplished in her life so far. She got herself involved in a lot of different ways with her fans and made a difference in my life from young. Growing up watching the Food Network channel, Rachael Ray automatically became my favorite chef. I loved the food that she would cook and her personality is so happy and loving. She inspired me to get involved with hospitality management.
    I hope to learn how to be a better cook and be a great restaurant manager working with the amazing Ms. Rachael Ray. She’s a very enthusiastic person and inspires me to become as good of a chef as I possibly can be and I also hope to learn how to create immaculate dishes. I am extremely honored to have an opportunity to work in a restaurant with one of the most idolized chefs on the Food Network channel.
    References:
    Website Title: Rachael Ray Biography
    Article Title: Rachael Ray Biography
    Date Accessed: October 04, 2015

7. mtaveras says:

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for being hired as the General Manager for The St. Regis hotel in East 55 st. in New York City, by Starwood Hotel and resorts world wide, INC. I am honored to be a part of this growing company and to begin my career in the Hotel Hospitality business. Starwood has had very successful hotels and not to mention continue to grow in revenue every year. Starwood Hotels and Resorts is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more then 1,200 properties in over 100 countries and they employ over 180,000 employees. This is why I am delighted to finally be able to work with the company.
    Starwood is known for their operating and franchising of hotels and resorts with renowned brands such as St. Regis, Le Meriden, Sheraton and A loft just to name a few. The company through out the years has had their ups and downs like any other company but has risen to a high where the company also boasts one of the industries leading loyalty programs. According to Forbes Starwood is at a market cap at $14.6 billion dollars.
    One of the primary reasons why I am more then excited to work for this company is because of the vacation ownership, INC; that the company also owns. Starwood vacation, INC; provides vacation experiences through villa style resorts. I eventually want to be flexible with the company and travel around the world managing or provide training for potential Hotel managers. Essentially, my goal is to be able to provide customer service training in different regions and make this company even more successful. One of the company values that I admire the most is Diversity & Inclusion. One of the initiatives of this value is advancement of female talent. This is to establish gender balance at all levels of the organization to meet and exceed goals of our global female guests.
    Being able to work for this company is going to take me further that I have ever been. I have worked in the Customer service industry for the past 15 years and I am finally in the direction I wanted to take my career. Being able to share my knowledge and to learn new ways of exceeding customer expectations is just the beginning. I will give my all in making this company one of the greatest if not the best in Hotel management and continue to be a result driven individual. This is one of the best accomplishments I have endured.

References:
    http://www.starwoodhotel.com
    http://www.forbes.com/companies/starwood-hotels/
    http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks

8. John Tadras says:

As I am enrolled in college in a great hospitality program I wish to be employed at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel in midtown New York City. New York Palace was recently purchased by the Lotte Hotel and resorts group. New York Palace which is a luxury hotel in midtown NYC is located on Madison ave. at 50th street. There is some interesting history about this hotel according to wiki “ The property is housed in the historic landmark Villard mansion and a modern 55 story tower” The hotel which first was established in 1882 by a well known railroad financier which hired people to build 6 brownstone townhouses around a courtyard on Madison avenue. After those brownstone townhouses were built Harry Helmsley came to conclusion of a 55 story hotel to be built and was called The Helsley Palace Hotel. The hotel opened in 1981 and the hotel was sold couple times after that once in 1992 , 2011 and most recently 2015 by the Lotte hotel and resort a company who operates in South Korea agreed to buy the hotel for “805 million” . Lotte New York Palace is a luxury hotel in Midtown New York City according to their website it has 909 rooms and suites and some rooms were recently renovated under new ownership. I personally have visited before and it is fantastic setting and their lobby is gorgeous. Main reason I would like to work at the Lotte New York Palace is because my beautiful mother works there.
    My career goals at the Lotte New York Palace is to obtain a career that would make me work somewhere near my mom. Never in a million years I would ever think that was possible but it certainly is. I would like to start off at the front desk mainly because everything in the hotel goes through the front desk. I would like to experience different positions and departments in the Lotte New York Palace Hotel which can lead me to a managerial position. I would certainly take any opportunity given to me at the Lotte New York Palace and make the best of it. My career goal is to be working there by the age of 25. I think it would be a great experience to work with my mother, aunt and cousin who all work at this wonderful hotel. My main career goal is to be manger of front desk at the Lotte New York Palace. I know a lot of famous people are always staying at the hotel as I hear from my mother president Obama was just staying at the hotel couple days ago. I am eager to begin my career in any given position at the Lotte New York Palace. It would be the best thing that could happen for me and I am sure my mom will be ecstatic to see me working in the same place as her.

Sources

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_New_York_Palace_Hotel
    http://www.lottenypalace.com/hotel

9. SOUDKERK says:

I have just been hired by Suede’s Restaurant in Brooklyn New York as a Chef. I must say how happy and elated i am. It’s of Caribbean origin. The Chief Executive Chef is Kemis Lawrence, he has been recognized and has published in many cook books for his creativity in the Caribean dishes. He loves his job and works with all his energy. His book emphasize the importance of mastering the techniques of cooking. He has influenced the culinary development. He is an excellent Chef and is making significant contribution to the evolving culinary arts industry. He focuses on the Caribbean cuisine by embracing the traditional West Indian ingredients complemented with international techniques. The main ingredients in the restaurant is crusine. The 100 crafted Caribbean rum flavors is beyond imaginable and engage the taste bud. The interior decoration is of a unique rustic artistry fused with styles inspired by European and Egyptian slendor. It’s an outdoor and indoor spectacular. I love cooking and very passionate about it. Being a chef is considered a profession that offers a variety of opportunities in every segment of the hospitality industry and anywhere in the world. Restaurants are part of our every day social lifestyle, we go there every week or once a month. They offer a place of relaxation where we enjoy the company of family, friends, colleagues and business associates. Restaurants are a multi-billion industry that provides employment and contributes to social and economic well being. My career goal is to become a successful Chef in cuisine and later branch off into owning my restaurant. Reference : http://www.suedenyc.com. Reference : John R. Walker, 6th edition Introduction to Hospitality

10. wendilyn says:

I have recently been hired to be the general manager for Great Wolf Lodge Resorts in PA. Kimberly K. Schaefer is the CEO of the resort and indoor water parks. It all started and was founded Wisconsin dells, WI in 1997. It started off small but grew quickly. In only 18 years great wolf resorts went from just one 117 room resort to 13 resorts with 437 rooms. The lodge is super family friendly, with a lot of activities for the whole family like an indoor water park, spa for adults and kids, restaurants, small activities for kids and arcades. ms schaefer started off as the senior vice president of operations and worked her way up. she is also the mother of two kids. That’s what inspires me the most because usually people in the hotel business always have to be traveling so it’s hard to settle down and have a normal life. So her being a mom and CEO is so inspiring to me because that’s what I want. My goal is to be as high as I can be and still have a family. It’s going to be hard but with hard work it’s possible. It’s an honor to work for such a family oriented corporation. Another goal of mine in the corporation is to be the COO, chief operating officer, for great wolf lodge resorts. being able to go around and seeing if everything is on point and reporting it to the CEO and maybe one day even be the CEO. Also on the plus side my favorite animal are wolves so every day going into work i get to see wolves everywhere.

websites: http://corp.greatwolfresorts.com/history

http://corp.greatwolfresorts.com/executive-team

11. Masaharu Morimoto was born in Hiroshima, Japan. Before his acclaimed stardom Morimoto was drafted as a baseball catcher in japan’s major leagues were a shoulder injury ended his career. Soon after he began to study the art of making sushi and kaiseki. At the age of 24 he opened opened his own restaurant nearby the acclaimed restaurant in which he study; after a successful five-year tenure Morimoto sold his business and moved you the United States to expand his culinary skill. Chef Morimoto worked in several restaurants before being recruited by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and opening the first Nobu restaurant in New York City where he honed his skills and caught the attention of a producer for Iron Chef. Chef Morimoto appeared on both Iron Chef and Iron Chef America were he showed his Japanese roots while using spices and techniques from other cultures.
    Morimoto owns 10 restaurants around the world and is the executive of them all which is only something that i could hope for. Working for such a industry professional is an honor. The opportunity to learn how to take multiple cultures and make them as one without losing touch of my roots or the reason that I started to cook at all is more then any thing I could wish for. In working for Chef Morimoto I hope to learn all that he can teach me about Japanese cuisine and more; I hope to learn that food is more then something that is just put on a plate but something that can be fun even in the most simplistic dishes.

References:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/masaharu-morimoto/bio.html

http://www.ironchefmorimoto.com/about-morimoto/

12. jiang1991 says:

Anthony Bourdain is a legend in the culinary world. He’s a chef, author, T.V. host, and a father. He graduated from the C.I.A. (Culinary institute of America) in 1978. He worked at many famous New York restaurants like the Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue, Sullivan’s, and Brasserie Les Halles. His climb to fame began in 1997 when he wrote an article for the New Yorkers call “Don’t read before eating this”, after that he wrote many other literary work that has shown the world an inside look of the kitchen. In 2002 he appeared on Food Network’s A cook’s tour. The show follows him all over the world. He later also host many other travel chancel shows such as No reservations, parts unknown, and Lay over. I have seen every single episode at least three times and over. He doesn’t give the typical 5 star restaurant tour on his shows, but takes his viewer to see and experience what it is like to be on the beaten path when visiting a foreign country. He is not afraid to share his view point and because of that his shows were often rated R for all the profanity he would use. His famous quotes on some of his shows is “vegetarians should be separated from normal people so they don’t contaminate the gene pool.” He is well known for his love for pork, alcohol, and cannabis. At the age of 51 he became a father and has since quit all his unhealthy habits for her. He opened my eyes to the culinary world. Each one of his shows are real. He showed me the word food can mean so many different things all over the world. I don’t know what my career goal is yet, but my life goal is to be able to be like him. Travel the world to see, taste, feel, and experience all the riches each part of the world has to offer.

Sources
    Anthony Bourdain Biography. (2015, October 5). Retrieved October 5, 2015, from http://www.biography.com/people/anthony-bourdain-20693995
    No Reservations (seasons 1-9) Netflix

13. Genmy Chan says:

I have recently been hired by Gordon Ramsay personally. I was asked by him as to what I know about him and how well do I know him. From what I know about him is that he is very well known chef and has many multi-Michelin starred restaurants around the world! Gordon Ramsay is internationally popular in the culinary field and known throughout the world’s history. He owns and appears in shows such as Kitchen Nightmares, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell and Master Chef. From these shows I watch, I can feel that he trains these candidates indirectly and verbally which is really amazing of him, I admire that.
    Gordon Ramsay is Scottish-British, he was born in year 1966. He may sound to be a very harsh person but he is truthfully a very helpful, supportive person. He is one of four chefs to hold and maintain some of the most Michelin stars. Ramsay original love of interest was in soccer, he had eyes on it as a professional sports career. He had much with but shortly some years afterward, a serious leg injury happened and it prematurely ended his career. Forced to start over, Ramsay went back to college for a degree in hotel management. After he finished his studies, he was able to receive great teachings and supervisions of some of Europe’s top chefs. With Ramsay’s great talent and dedication, he quickly became a head chef in a new restaurant that just opened in 1993. He earned the restaurant a two-star Michelin.
    Following the next few years he was awarded many awards. The first restaurant he started was in year 1998 ‘Gordon Ramsay’ in London. This restaurant is known to be one of the very best in the world, with its quality of foods never going down. In the next following several years, his reputation rose up drastically from all of the talented activities he has done, from restaurants, to hotels, to books, TV shows, programs, awards; pretty much like any other celebrity would be at.
    He earns some of the highest amount of money that any other celebrity chef has ever earned. The usage of his knowledge, techniques, restaurants and from these television shows all promotes his history and reputation further than ever anyone before really promotes his food industry and restaurants.
    I remember there was one time I saw Ramsay on television where he gave a heads start to other chefs to start cooking something in Master Chef and when there’s about 30 minutes left of time, he quickly went over to his station and made his dish on time, and perhaps faster than all of the other chefs. With much confidence and experience he has, he’s truly one of the best foods expert of our worlds’ history currently.
    My career goals for working under Gordon Ramsay are that I can experience and learn what he had learned when he was under some of those top Europe’s chefs. Although I am not as talented as he may be but if I place as much dedication and hard work into it, perhaps I can achieve that level too. I want to have leader qualities and have people to be able to trust and have faith on me. All in the end, I just want to be a really great chef that can earn the respect of my family and people, thank you Chef Ramsay.

Sources:
    https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/about-gordon/

http://www.biography.com/people/gordon-ramsay-17169720

http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/biography/biography-gordon-ramsay

http://www.forbes.com/profile/gordon-ramsay/

14. Dashun Lin says:

The Cheesecake Factory has come to its 33rd year of providing customers with diverse food types with one thing in common, that is, great quality and supreme taste. Our menu has covered from lunch specials, pizza to desserts and salads, ensuring that every customer can find exactly what they want to have once they enter our restaurants. Meanwhile, the innovation spirit goes on here, serving SkinnyLicious Menu to people focusing on healthful eating, which definitely “set new standards in the industry based on menu innovation” (“Awards,” n.d.). As food still maintaining its vital status in our chain, I am determined to help our R&D department to grasp sections of quality control and flavor upgrade in our future development.
    Meanwhile, service can never be neglected in our industry. The Cheesecake Factory, for the third year a row, was voted “favorite casual-dining restaurant in this national survey of diners” (“Awards,” n.d.). When it comes to the operation of domestic business, I am to make continual efforts with our team satisfy diners’ expectation of a pleasant dining environment, considerate services and delicious food.
    Besides, I notice that the vision of the Cheesecake Factory is not to be limited since global expansion plays an important role in our development strategy. Having experienced “a tremendous level of success outside of the U.S.A.” (“The Cheesecake Factory Continues to Execute on Its Global Growth Strategy with Agreement to Expand in Asia,” 2014), such as in the Middle East (“The Cheesecake Factory Continues International Expansion,” 2013), the next market for promoting our highly qualified food chains is Asia. With my advantage of my familiarity with Asia, I would love to devote myself to the Cheesecake Factory’s next oversea expansion through cooperation with experienced restaurant operators, accurate market positioning, detailed consumer investigation, localized and enriched food choices and consistent service quality. It is my career goal to be a member in leading the Cheesecake Factory to achieve promising financial performance for the new expansion.

References:
    1. Awards. (n.d.) In The Cheesecake Factory. Retrieved from http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/about-us/awards/
    2. The Cheesecake Factory Continues International Expansion. (2013). In Restaurant Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.restaurantmagazine.com/the-cheesecake-factory-continues-international-expansion/
    3. The Cheesecake Factory Continues to Execute on Its Global Growth Strategy with Agreement to Expand in Asia. (2014). In Restaurant Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.restaurantmagazine.com/the-cheesecake-factory-continues-to-execute-on-its-global-growth-strategy-with-agreement-to-expand-in-asia/

15. RRivera says:

I have just been hired as a Director of Function Space Revenue Management for Loews Hotels & Resorts. This position is responsible for creating and implementing new strategies for dynamic pricing, demand forecasting, and inventory management of function space. Loews Hotels and Resorts is headquartered in New York City. They currently have three distinct brands: Loews Hotels & Resorts, Loews Regency, and OE Collection. According to Loewshotel.com, “the company owns and/or operates 23 hotels and resorts across the U.S. and Canada.” They are continuing to grow by building and acquiring new properties to add to their portfolio which “features one of a kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond Standards…”

As I prepare to take on this role, I look forward to working alongside Jonathan Tisch, Chairman of Loews Hotels & Resorts. During an interview for the New York Times, Bryant (2015), mentions how he “was fortunate to have grown up as a young kid in the hotel business watching my father, Bob Tisch, and my uncle, Larry Tisch, create what is today the Loews Corporation.” As I read through the rest of his interview, he offered some of his hospitality stories and some great advice. One of his words of advice “when you’re the C.E.O. or the chairman, the air gets very thin at the top, and oftentimes you’ve got people telling you what they think you should hear as opposed to telling you the truth.” He goes on to explain “as you become more competent in your abilities you start to be able to parse out what’s fact from fiction.” His advice to college grads was, simply put, “take a job, any job.” His reasoning was that “what you will learn by taking a job immediately is how to process information, how to be part of a team, and it’s easier to get a job when you have a job.”

The Director of Function Space Revenue Management is a unique role and great way to continue my growth in the hospitality industry. I look forward to bringing my creativity and resourcefulness to the team. Tisch (2007) states that he is a “hands-on manager of a business (the Loews Hotel brand), and… a deeply engaged leader of one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing industry sectors (travel and tourism).” As I work for his company, I look forward to learning from his leadership and experience in the hospitality field. My goals would be to take the experience and knowledge gained in this role and continue to progress within the company.

References
    Bryant, A. (2015). Jonathan M. Tisch: Beware of the Thin Air at the Top. Retrieved October 4, 2015, from http://www.nytimes.com

Tisch, J.M, (2007). Chocolates on the Pillow Aren’t Enough: Reinventing the Customer Experience. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.

http://press.loewshotels.com/blog/2015/04/loews-hotels-creates-loews-regency-brand

http://www.loews.com/leadership/jonathan-m-tisch/

http://www.hcareers.com/cjb/loewshotels/

16. rsamuel1 says:

I have recently been hired at Blend on the Water, a Latin American Restaurant operated by chef Kelvin Fernandez. Blend on the Water is located in Long Island City, it seats about 130 people indoors and another 50 outside on the patio offering beautiful views of the East River and Manhattan. Although it is a Latin American restaurant the menu is a mixture of French, Italian, American and Latin cuisine due to chef Kelvin’s background. Speaking of background Kelvin was born to Dominican parents in New York City where his father was a chef. Kelvin fell in love with the kitchen and cooking after he decided to take culinary in High School to impress this girl he had a crush on. After falling in love with the kitchen and winning a few culinary competition, one being a trip to Lyon, France he knew exactly where he wanted to be in life and what he was going to be doing. Lyon, France is where he learned how to make French cuisine. He later graduated from the Culinary Institute of America. Graduating with honors at the age of 24.
    Chef Kelvin Fernandez has a very impressive resume. Not only was he an executive chef at popular New York City restaurants such as Gotham Bar and Grill, La Marina, the Strand Hotel, Cafe des Artiste and Waters Edge just to name a few but he was also featured on the hit television show “Chopped”. Although he did not win on “Chopped” he did win on another popular television show named “Beat Bobby Flay”. Beating out Bobby Flay with his signature dish that represents his cultural background. Crispy Arepa with steak, lime, scented sour cream, creamy guacamole, Pico de Gallo, and Cojita cheese. Bobby Flay made a stuffed Arepa with Pork. Very impressive I will say.

I admire chef Kelvin’s drive. He is a well rounded individual full of passion, dedication and hard work I am truly excited to work and learn under his watchful eye. I hope to one day be able to open my own restaurant and catering hall and create a style of my own. I would love to create a signature dish that whenever people think of it they automatically think of me. Food style changes all the time and I want to be able to feed people in their homes with my cuisines. Like possibly have a picnic basket delivery method where we cook the food and delivery it to you as if you were in our restaurant. All you will have to do is pop in the oven in its own warming dish, uncover and enjoy. A concept I will surely work on.

-licpost.com
    -Buzz-creators.com
    -Nbclatino.com
    -nbcnews.com