Electronic Profile Assignment (due 9/10)

Electronic Profile Assignment

5% of total grade

Due week 2

Task

Reflect on who you are as a student, industry professional and future industry leader. Then write a personal profile. Think about your:

• Academic experience and academic goals
  • Career experience and career goals
  • Personal strengths
  • Personal interested that enhance your professional attributes

Role and Audience

Everyone and anyone as it will be posted on our course website on the OpenLab. Specifically think of how faculty, peers and prospective employers will learn about you through your eportfolio.

Format

Post to HMGT1101 OpenLab site and, upon approval, your eportfolio site found on the OpenLab

• To post to course site:

–Go to the Course Site, choose “Assignments”

–Then dropdown to “Electronic Profile Assignment”

–Then drop right and click on “Electronic Profile Submission”

–Enter text into “Leave a Reply” “comment” box

–Cut and Paste your Profile into the “comment” box

–Click “post comment ” to complete the assignment

Expectations

Students will exhibit their ability to be concise when expressing themselves in an academic and a professional manner.

Student Learning Outcomes

Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:

• Identify and articulate a personal profile for a public forum
  • Discuss, in a short profile, attributes of a student and industry professional
  • Utilize various features of OpenLab

2 Responses to Electronic Profile Assignment (due 9/10)

1. SOUDKERK says:

My name is Sindy Oudkerk. I am from the country named Guyana the only English speaking country in South America. I attended high school in my country but wrote the high school equivalent in New York. I am currently attending the New York City College of Technology as a freshman in the evenings, enrolled in the Hospitality and Management course. My focus is to have a positive attitude in order to be successful at college. My goal is to be graduate from college and to own my business in the future. My major is being a Chef. Currently i am employed for the past one year at on of the senior centers in East New York, Brooklyn as an Assistant Cook. It inspires me because i love cooking, being more creative and learning new tasks. My personal interest that enchance my professional attributes are my communication skills. I am always smiling with my seniors no matter the mood they come with. I am a good team worker, using my initiative i can do a good job. I was recently evaluated at my job and was the only staff that gained one hundred per cent .

2. My name is Mariama Balde. I am from Guinea-Conakry, a small country from West Africa. I went to International High school At Lafayette. I came here with no knowledge of English at all. It was very hard for me to fit in, not only because I was new to this country, but because all my classmates were also immigrants so we could only communicate in English. I am currently majoring in Hospitality management. I always dreamt of being a Diplomat, be able to travel around the world with my family. I am working at Dunkin’Donuts as a manager, holding a lot of responsibilities. Working as a manager at very young age is really what gave me the taste of hospitality. It took me out to the real world outside of school or home. I realize what a great feeling you get when your job is to satisfy people and make them happy. I open shifts and close sometimes, I handle the stress of corporate visits and Health Department inspections, I learned to be patient, mature and fast at delivering a great service. So, I am hoping that one day I will be able to own several Hotels, and Restaurants.