Electronic Profile Submission

30 Responses to Electronic Profile Submission

1. JCabreraIII says:

Hi, My name is Jose Cabrera. I am a freshmen at New York City College of Technology and recently started my academic career in Hospitality Management for Fall 2015. My academic goals for this semester and further years are to achieve A’s in all my classes and expand my mind into all aspects of my major. In my career experience I used to work for my Uncle in Dominican Republic as a chef for his restaurant, since then I’ve been cooking on my own. My Career Goal is to be an Executive Chef and run my own business some day in the future. Expand and explore the diversity of all cultures into my cooking. My personal strengths is my creativity for ideas and determined at any task put in front of me. As well as being a leader and team-player. I’m confident in what I want to do and want to achieve and my greatest strength is Motivation because I don’t give up on myself or those around me. My personal interests are basketball and dancing.

2. rsamuel1 says:

Hello, my name is Rachel Samuel and this is my Sophomore year at City Tech. I work full time in the day and is continuing my education part time in the evening. I am currently enrolled in Unclassified health. I enjoy helping people and being in the medical field but I also love working around food. Currently I am a kitchen manager. I enjoy working, eating and plating food. I am taking this class to strengthen my managerial skills. I think that this class may help me to choose a minor in hospitality managing. Whether that be working in travel and tourism because I like talking to people and being around people or managing a kitchen. At work I am very good at picking out the day to day menu with the chef. He relies on me to help him keep our menu diverse and health conscious enabling it to suit all needs.
    I am from an island in the Caribbean-St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I love to travel and I do my best to get away twice a year. I mainly travel to other islands but promised for 2016 to travel outside of the Caribbean Sea. My first trip I hope to be Dubai. My favorite protein is Fish- Snapper, Sea Bass and King Fish. Most of my friends are foreigners, which I like because it allows me to try all types of cuisines. They love having me over because outside of Pork there is nothing I will not try.
    I have no real interest in being behind the line, not a huge fan of cooking but I love to be in the kitchen watching and basking in the aromas.

3. Qin Lin says:

Hi, my name is Qin Lin. This is second year in City Tech. I was Accounting major before, because my parents want me to study Accounting major. However, When I took Accounting class, I realized that Accounting is not what I want to learn. I told with my parents, so I changed my major to Hospitality Management. The only why I changed my major because I love cooking. When I cooked food, I felt happiness because my parents and my friends enjoyed what I cook for them. I would like to try different way to cook even thought I am not good enough. Therefore, I wish that I could learn more from Hospitality Management Major.

4. John Tadras says:

Hello my name is John Tadras, this is my first semester here at New York City Tech and I am looking forward to have a great time here by preparing for my future career. I can get the drift I like it already since all professors I have for this hospitality management program are nice and interesting. I am a transfer student from College of Staten Island, I completed an Associate’s Degree in Liberal arts and the reason I transferred to City Tech is for the Hospitality Management program. I am currently working at Dana Ford/Lincoln car dealership in my neighborhood. I am a porter and deal with a lot of customers on a daily basis as they drive into the service lane; I drive the courtesy shuttle around for customers at the dealership that needs a ride. I also have some experience in the Restaurant business I worked at Mikes Unicorn diner as a delivery driver but I was always around other employees who had a different positions I would get a glimpse of how they react to things and of course how things work in the business. I also worked at a ZTwo a different diner in Staten Island as a busboy and delivery driver so I have an idea of how things work in the restaurant business. I also worked in a pizzeria for a short amount of time and got some experience from working there as well.

I would like to pursue a career in the hospitality industry I am not sure what I like to do exactly but I am leaning towards hotel management. I would like to finish this program as quick as possible so I can get my career started I do have lot of experience with customers so I am open to where my career brings me. My mother also works in the industry she works at the New York Palace hotel and she said it’s a really nice workplace she likes and has been doing it for over 10 years. I am highly motivated to obtain great knowledge from all these professors at City Tech to have a good career in the hospitality industry. As a student I am dedicated to this I have inspiring ideas of working in this hotel industry. I am athletic love sports my main sport is soccer which I played my whole life. I like to go out with friends and family eat, have drinks, and definitely like traveling & trying new things.

5. Hello my name is Kiyana Whitney. In a freshmen at City Tech furthering my career in Hospitality Management. My goals while in City Tech is remain focused and maintaining good grades while working. In High School I was able to take a Culinary class which I stayed in upon my graduation. In the program we were able to have a function cafe every Thursday and cater many events around the school. This gave me the growing love that I have for the industry. My career goals are not completely clear; in the long run I wish to own a restaurant or some sort of business in the field. My personal strengths are that i’m a very determined and focused person who likes to get things done when they need to be. I’m also very optimistic and believe that anything can be done. My personal interest are singing and dancing; music is something i’m also very passionate about and I hope to study music in the future.

6. Miriam Taveras says:

Hey! My name is Miriam and i am a returning student at NYCCT! I achieved my associates degree a couple of years ago in Human Services. I am now working on my BA in Hospitality Management. I work full time in the day as a Patient Experience manager and am attending school part time. I have been out of school for a while and i finally decided its time for me to go back now! My academic goal is to achieve A grades in both my classes and some day be in the travel and tourism field. I love to travel and visit new places, meet new people and experience different cultures. I had been in retail management for 10 years before landing a job in a hospital. My job entails of speaking to patients on their experience in the hospital(in a nutshell). As basic as it sounds we have goals to meet and to try and please everyone isn’t an easy task. I enjoy working with people and striving for greatness. Although i am in a Hospitality major, one of my dreams is too work in law enforcement. I want to make the world a better place, as cliche as it sounds! A personal interest that actually makes me very focused and my creative juices flowing is home interior decor!
    I am excited to learn and take my education further!

7. J.Sosa says:

Hi, my name is Jhoent Sosa. I am currently a Hospitality Management undergrad at City Tech. I am very excited to learn and experience all that the field of hospitality has to teach us. Aside from being a student I also work part time for a dairy company as a customer service/call center representative. Although i am very excited about my major, i am not certainly decided yet what career position i would like to fulfill as hospitality branches out to many career positions. I do feel though that my interest falls more into the culinary arts, travel & tourism sector, and events planning. I love food and trying different ethnic cuisine. I also have an interest in trying out recipes whenever time and my budget permit it. All Recipes is one of the website i tend to go to for recipes. A personal strength of mine that i believe would be beneficial in my future career is that i strive to always be customer service goal oriented. Also the fact that i can maintain a calm demeanor during heavy volume times in a work environment. Also lastly, the fact that i have a passion for food and learning through hands-on.

8. Alambert says:

Hello everyone, my name is Aliyyaa Lambert. I am a new transfer student of City Tech in my junior year. I am majoring in Hospitality Management and plan to use my education for a career in Hotel Management, owning a restaurant, becoming an Executive Chef and (or) Travel Agency. My academic goals are to maintain my good A average this semester as well as join clubs, meet new people and possibly gain an internship in the process. I have work experience in being an Outdoor Cooking Instructor/ Camp Counselor at YMCA Sleepaway camp. I also have dabbled in internships for Brooklyn restaurants for a few months. I have many personal strengths but my most recognizable one is my leadership presence. Often I am the first person to stand up and speak, raise their hand or volunteer. I take on the role in helping others and creating icebreakers for a shy crowd very easily. I may be nervous but I do not let that get in the way of my growth. One of my other strengths and qualities is being a great writer. I can create stories, documents, files and sound very professional. I am creative and a logical, rational thinker. This comes in handy when it is time to make complicated, important decisions. My personal interests aside from cooking are reading, writing, painting and watching movies. All of them are different beautiful forms of art and I love to dissect and analyze their meanings. My greatest goal is to build my career in the fields said earlier but I definitely want to have a full, adventurous, vibrant life and amazing financial success as well.

9. Jmora97 says:

Hi, my name is Jaymie Mora and I’m a freshman at City Tech. As a student, I’ve always had high expectations for myself academic wise. I’ve always wanted to take on a career that always had hard work involved. Even if it seemed like too much, I always found a way to weigh everything out. My academic goals are to achieve A’s or at least B’s in all of my classes and also expand my mind into all aspects of my major. A career experience I had was spending a day in the kitchen of the Ritz Carlton Hotel and actually assist to create different desserts. My career goals are to have my own restaurant or be one of the tops chefs in one of the 5 star hotels/resorts around the world. My personal strengths include ambition, analytical, compassionate, determined, generous, love of learning, observant, respectful, responsible and social skills. Personal interests that enhance my professional attributes are playing sports, spending time with family, watching movies, reading and traveling.

10. Krystal says:

Hello my name is Krystal. This is my 3rd year at City tech. I am currently a sophomore. I’ve never known what I wanted to do in life, in fact I’ve never made any good choices on my own, my life has always been situations that get thrown at me and I have to find someway to survive and find a solution. I’ve always been confused as to what to do in life and what makes me happy. For the first time in life I’ve finally made a choice, a good one, one that I feel good about and one that I can see my self blossoming in. I’m a dreamer but I’m also a hustler and the only thing I’ve been taught to love in life is money. I haven’t yet made my decision in what specific career I want to specialize in but I am sure about Hospitality Management being my field.
    Now a little bit about me and how I work. Like I said previously my name is Krystal, I am 19 years old, I will turn 20 on Halloween, and I ADORE art. From music, to dancing, (my fav) to paintings, sculptures, food, fashion, stories and poetry, I love it all. I see myself as a work of art coming from a rough place and slowly being molded into something beautiful. I’m constantly dreaming and visualizing my future and how I want it to be, and when I’m not in school, work or at the gym, then I’m dancing my life away and singing to the top of my lungs. I like to have lots of fun in my classes, because if I don’t have fun then I won’t get an A. So to you Mr. Akana I hope this class is fun because I’m coming for that A.

11. Dashun Lin says:

Hi, my name is Dashun Lin. This is my 3rd year at New York City College of Technology. Cooking is a hobby for me, because the way that my friends and my family enjoy my food makes me happy. This semester is my first semester in hospitality major. My academic goal is to learn as much knowledge of hospitality as possible. My parents own a hotel in China. I spent most of my childhood life in that hotel learned a bunch from my mom and dad. My career goal is to be able to manage my family’s hotel by myself and make my parents proud. My personal strength is that I am very patient and I am a perfectionist. When I learn how to cook something, I would usually try to make the food taste perfectly even though sometimes it requires many tries. I love cooking very much. In my spare time, I would also play video games to release the intensity from school.

12. Jason Xie says:

Hi my name is Jason. This is my 2nd year in City Tech. During my first year in college, my major was in computer engineering however, my math was very weak. The thought of always working hands on and being able to help out other people was always on my mind. So during my second year, I changed my major to hospitality management. My goal within this field is to learn more about management within a hotel. Although I may not have any experience within this field, I am a very active and athletic so I enjoy hands on activities. So I’m looking forward to learn a whole lot from not only your class, but all my classes. Cheers to a fun semester!

13. RRivera says:

Hi, my name is Richard Rivera. This semester I have started to pursue my Bachelors in Hospitality Management. My academic goals is to explore as many diverse courses the Hospitality department has to offer before graduating. My career experiences and interest for hospitality started during my time as a host for a business training conference. My responsibilities consisted of coordinating catering and event requests. My career goal is to become an event/catering or housekeeping manager. However, during my studies I will be exploring and keeping an open mind on various career options that may gain my interest. My personal strengths consist of working well in a team and to give any tasks at hand my best efforts. Some of my personal interests consist of learning how to cook and bake. My interests has grown more over the years from my enjoyment of traveling and trying different restaurants. I look forward to gaining the necessary knowledge and expertise needed to improve my culinary and baking skills, through my education and networking with peers.

14. Genmy Chan says:

Hello, my name is Genmy Chan. This is my first semester here in City Tech but I was originally a transfer student from Kingsborough. I graduated from Kingsborough as well, achieved my Associate Degree of Liberal Arts there. I moved to City Tech afterward deciding if I should continue my education or not. Originally I did not know which major I should attend to but I end up picking Hospitality Management because all of the related jobs I’ve ever taken were related in that field somehow. Let it be working with foods, sometimes with customers or the most recent one would be housekeeping. Both of my parents were cooks and I know my mother has a great love for foods as well. So judging from all of those, it feels as if fate was already built for me to be in a field related to foods. I would want to be a chef but at the same time I’m still not too sure if that’s really the career I want, maybe somewhere in that field. My strengths would be that, when it comes to working at a job, I work hard and sometimes I work too hard to the point where I don’t take breaks or look at the time. This doesn’t apply though at school unfortunately since no matter how much I want to look at it that way, I just don’t like school at all; sorry. I like helping other people nearby even if that’s not my field of studies or interest or job. Like if I know something about another field and if a new person comes in not knowing what to do, I would try to help them with as much knowledge as I know from my standpoints. In the long run, even though I’m not interested in school work, I’m still interested of trying to learn more about Hospitality Management and to try to get at least a B but hopefully an A on the course instead would be awesome.

15. Amber R. says:

My name is Amber, I am 25 and a Freshman here at City Tech. I’ve had an interest in the hospitality industry for a few years, specifically in special events. Attending City Tech is one of my big steps I’ve made towards a career, after years of being unsure what my gifts and interests were. I’ve always been a wanderer and never being in one place for long, but I hope to obtain my BTech within a good amount of time and to maintain a good GPA.

I work for a pastry shop in Brooklyn that specializes in custom cakes, and I am also an ambassador for the CUNY LINCT program. I also have a background in visual arts as a former student of LaGuardia H.S. I am currently trying to expand my experience and be able to participate in community- and team-oriented work, and be able to use my experience so far as a youth to inspire others to find themselves and their purpose within their own time. My strengths are in the arts; being able to develop creative ideas, to act as a mentor and a confidant to my friends, and being a part of a group or some greater thing.

I also love to travel for leisure, as well as a foreign missionary. Ultimately, I want to experience as much as I can of the world, and be able to fulfill most of the ideas I have going on in my head, and to be able to be a community leader and give back to those who have given to me. Looking forward to a life-changing experience here at CityTech!

16. jiang1991 says:

Hi my name is De Jiang, but I go by Angela.This is my first year at city tech, and my first year studying in hospitality management. Before city tech I was at Brooklyn college studying geology earth and environmental studies. But to get a BS degree a field work is required. The field trip is at death valley, but after one of my professor told me he almost got lyme disease after getting a tick bite; I had to rethink if I really wanted to be a geologist and do field work. I’ve always love to bake, so my friends and love ones encourage me to change my major. One of my friends told me that city tech will be a good choice since it has a great department for culinary and internship are easy to find. No one ever taught me how to bake, coming from an asian background the oven at the house was alway used for storing pots and pans. But after watching a youtube video on how to bake cupcakes I was addicted. I don’t actually like to eat sweets, but I love to make them. My goal is to become a patissier and make edible art.

17. Robert Cruz says:

My name is Robert Cruz. I am 19 years old and currently in my second semester at City Tech. I am majoring in Hospitality Management. Although at the moment I have not yet decided which aspect of the hospitality industry I want to pursue, I am excited to explore all the options available. In the future I would love to own my own business, whether it’s a restaurant or a hotel. My academic goals is to raise my GPA, maintain good grades in my classes, obtain my degree and apply it in the work field.

18. Melanie Santiago says:

Hello, my name is Melanie Santiago. I am a freshman student at the New York City College of Technology and my Mayor is Hospitality Management. For me the field of hospitality is as my English teacher back in my native country used to say “a fan of opportunities”. There are so many options when it comes to a specific job or carrier in this department that it would be hard for me having to choose only one. My high school years were based on hospitality and tourism. I sent eight hours a day five days a week in a school where I learned and practiced topics that I as many of my classmates were passionate about. In this school I experienced what is it to have great guest service, follow a recipe to cook a meal, bake a cake or bread, and it went on to learning how to plan an event, and hotel accounting. Since the age of sixteen up to now I have had three jobs. I started at Mcdonald’s, after a few years I changed to Chipotle, and I am currently employed at a Dine in restaurant called Ruby Tuesdays. Right now I am not completely firm about one specific carrier, yet I am open to any opportunity with in this field. My work and over all life experience have told me that I am great when it comes to treating people. I am a person of few words, yet I am a great listener and I have noticed that most people feel comfortable around me. I have the advantage of being bilingual, which is a plus if you want to work is the tourism industry. I personally think that there is nothing better than spending your life doing what you like the most. If you put passion and courage on what you are doing you will do a great job at it. Those months that I sent in a kitchen cooking, behind the bar preparing drinks and making an event look beautiful and memorable in high school woke up a love in me for the selling of service, just to see a smile and the great comments of the guests. And up to this very day I am eager for more.

19. Brittany Petersen says:

Hello , my name is Brittany Petersen and this is my second semester here at City Tech. My academic goals, much like any college student is to get and maintain good grades throughout the remainder of my time here. Also better time management skills so that I would be able to better balance work and school without giving one more attention than the other. As of now I don’t have any ‘real’ kitchen experience besides my own but I have catered different events such as birthday parties, anniversaries, baby showers etc. I am also the head of the hospitality committee at my church so not only do I actually prepare some of the food my myself I’m also out there serving and interacting with all members and guest of the church. I would say my personal strengths are to remain focus in hectic or chaotic situations, as we all know the kitchen can be. Not only am i a good leader I am also a team player as well. I am really interested in different cultures, the way they cook,the different ceremonies they may have. This will enhance my qualities in this field because I will meet and come across many different people from all over the world and to be able to relate or make an connection to them in any way will be great.

20. Donovan Smalls says:

Hello, my name is Donovan Smalls and I am a freshmen at CityTech. My goals for this year and years to come is to be rich and thats why I chose HMGT. Hospitality Management is a billion dollar industry and what better of getting rich than by expressing yourself in a form of art and givig back to the community. In my last year of highschool I worked as an inturn at the JVL Wildcat Cafe where I became acquainted with what the food industry is really like. At first glance it seemed to be to much to handle, but after blood, sweat, and tears especaily when cutting onions I knew this is what I was ment to do. I’m really excited about taking this course and I hope to reach a new and higher level of inlightenment.