Where I’m From We eat Pancit By: Richard Buren Inspired By : Willie Perdomo

If I said I was from Sunnyside New York, where familiar faces know one another and generations come and go, would you know where I’m from. Raised  in a Filipino family where being with family is number one, having great memories with one another through celebrations and parties is a part of life. Traditions and great recipes that are passed on through generations foretold our family’s history. In the time of  celebrations, pancit is always served which is a light dish of noodles,  sautĂ©ed veggies, chicken and with many more delicious ingredients.  Filipinos are known to be energetic, positive, happy and very cultural. They bring these traits to the celebrations in order to bring family together to celebrate our love ones’ special day. Come to any birthday party, anniversary, or whatever kind of celebration pancit will always be there. Pancit is brought to birthdays as a symbol of longevity and good luck. Smelling the aroma when its being cooked in our house brings me soothing feeling, joy ,and soon a full stomach tells me that we are having a party or attending one and we all will soon be with family.