HMGT 1102 / Section 7404
Professor John Richard Akana
- The Crew Can Have a Little Coconut Cake
- Fred Franzia and the Legacy of Two-Buck Chuck
- Three Spots to Try if You Don’t Mind a Line
- The Singaporean Hawker Market Comes to Midtown
- New Anthony Bourdain Book Traces His Life and Last, Painful Days
- Restaurant Review: Laser Wolf in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- How About Them Apples? Research Orchards Chart a Fruit’s Future.
- At 86, Jacques Pépin Isn’t Slowing Down
- Federal Government’s $20 Billion Embrace of ‘Climate Smart’ Farming
- This Subway Sandwich Is Sanctioned by the M.T.A.
- The End of the $25,000 NFL Rookie Dinner?
- Dragon Fruit Is Showing Up All Over. So Why Are Farmers Leaving the Business?
- What to Cook Right Now
- What to Cook This Week
- An Eggplant Pasta Dinner That Makes the Most of Bread Crumbs
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Would you believe me if I told you where I am from? Jamaica, the 5th largest Caribbean island and Home of Dunn’s River Falls. Where the tropical air is hot and humid . Where I’m from the native dish is … Continue reading
If I told you my heritage brought me back to beautiful grassland, stunning architecture, and the most fertile land to find for miles- the constant desire of those around them- would you know I’m from Ukraine? Would you know the … Continue reading
If I said I was from Haiti, where we give French, African, Native American, and Spanish food our own West Indian flavor, would you know where I’m from? Haiti’s bakeries are filled with pastries, breads, and candy. One of our … Continue reading
If I told you I was from the Philippines, a place that’s very family oriented with a very lively atmosphere and celebrations that could last for days, would you know where I was from? Where I’m from we eat Dinuguan, … Continue reading
Because they like my demeanor and they liked my family’s cooking, they’ve always wanted to know where I was from. If I said that I was 142nd and Brook Ave, towards the ending of the South Bronx where the smell of … Continue reading
If I said I was from Cuenca, Ecuador, where the darkness takes over and few lights shine the streets, from going down the hill to joining the loud block parties. To waking up to the sound of the rooster and the strong sunlight hitting … Continue reading
If I said I was from La Ceiba, Honduras, the city considered the girlfriend of Honduras because of the beauty of the mountains, the place with some of the most beautiful beaches and rivers in the country and Central … Continue reading
If I said I was from Mexico, where in the mornings you wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread with a cup of coffee ready to be served in another hand. Where your surrounded by the ones you … Continue reading
If I said I was from Shanghai, China, where contours of ground buildings everywhere, sprawling lines of cars are on the all roads, and patient people with light smiles love their life, would you know where I’m from? Where I … Continue reading