Would you believe me if I told you where I am from? Jamaica, the 5th largest Caribbean island and Home of Dunn’s River Falls. Where the tropical air is hot and humid . Where I’m from the native dish is Ackee & Saltfish. To prepare the dish,salt cod is sautéed with boiled ackee, onions, Scotch Bonnet peppers, tomatoes, and spices, such as black pepper and pimento. It is often served at breakfast or dinner, served alongside breadfruit or even dumplings. My grandmother has been preparing this dish for my family way before I was born often on fridays. We often fight for who gets the biggest dumplings and the most serving of the ackee and saltfish. It is definitely worth trying at least once!
HMGT 1102 / Section 7404
Professor John Richard Akana
- The Crew Can Have a Little Coconut Cake
- Fred Franzia and the Legacy of Two-Buck Chuck
- Three Spots to Try if You Don’t Mind a Line
- The Singaporean Hawker Market Comes to Midtown
- New Anthony Bourdain Book Traces His Life and Last, Painful Days
- Restaurant Review: Laser Wolf in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- How About Them Apples? Research Orchards Chart a Fruit’s Future.
- At 86, Jacques Pépin Isn’t Slowing Down
- Federal Government’s $20 Billion Embrace of ‘Climate Smart’ Farming
- This Subway Sandwich Is Sanctioned by the M.T.A.
- The End of the $25,000 NFL Rookie Dinner?
- Dragon Fruit Is Showing Up All Over. So Why Are Farmers Leaving the Business?
- What to Cook Right Now
- What to Cook This Week
- An Eggplant Pasta Dinner That Makes the Most of Bread Crumbs