Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #6

The last time I was at the internship site was on October 7. I m currently interning at City Tech Image and Visual Communications and this will be my fifth week there. I rolled into the office and, I cracked a smile and said “good morning” to Ms. Christina and Norma. They both work in the Alumni department in the office.I unpacked and prepared my desk; right before I started working on the City Tech Wi-Fi logo.

The City Tech Wi-Fi logo was coming along quite nicely but, the logo still needed some tweeking. I continued working on fitting the letters, of the word Wi-Fi into the symbol. I had to stretch and thicken the letters; in order for them to fit into the shape. Around, the noon time Mr. Vargas came to check up on my progress. He told me to put the logo to the side and, he gave me a new project to work on. For the new project; I had to masked out the background of two photos of students, with their professors from the Hospitality Management department. After, masking out the background of the two photos; he wanted one of photos grouped with the other. This way the photo would be one whole photo, that consisted of both pictures.

I was on lunch at 1 o’clock and it was time to eat. I ate a sesame bagel and, I drank a Snapple lemon iced tea. Around 2 o’clock, I continued masking out the background of the first photo. Slowly, I started working on the second photo. The more I work on masking out the background of the photos. The better I get at masking out hair, in photos without destroying the image.