Yuen Mai Wong – Blog #5

In the summer, I did not take any class.  My entertainment was watching television.  One story on TV was talking about “you have second life”.  I think it is very good if I had a second life.  If I were to compare my life with my friends, I would say that I am dissatisfied with my life.  I desire happiness. If I have a chance to change my life, I would like to stay in my country.  Everything will be changed.  However, I changed my mind after I watched this story.

This story talks about a man that always complained his wife did not understand him.  He wanted to go back twenty years ago.  He would not have married with his wife.  His future would have been totally different and he would be happy.

One day, he had a supernatural power that allowed him to go back to the past and change his decision.  He did not marry and then he came back to the present. However, he still did not feel happy.  It was not the same as he thought.  He discovered that his wife was intelligent, warm, and had a sense of humor. She always put him as top priority.  He felt his wife was a very good wife.  He had regretted his decision.  He was unhappy.

After I watched this story, it made me think if I should still want to change my life or not.  What would happen if I were to change my life, would it be a  good or bad decision.  I am afraid that if I change my life, it will be worse.  Nobody knows the future.