WL Blog # 1

What have I gotten myself into? I’m not ready at all for this internship class. At City Tech I’ve often heard the legends of the big final 4 classes: Internship, Design Team, Portfolio and Senior Project. It was my goal over the summer to prepare my portfolio and resume for this eventuality, however things went astray. Towards the end of summer I discovered that Interactive Animation had been dropped from my schedule and as a result I was now left as a part-time student with only 9 credits. I instantly ran to Professor Wong and scheduled an appointment to squeeze me into whatever class we could find that was available. In a panic I responded yes to his suggestion: “What about Internship”?

Little did I know that Internship class would be a hands on hunt to sell yourself, rather than my preconceived notion of the college holding your hand, as it had up until this point.   A big problem that I had over the summer was mismanaging my personal life and my work related life. I think I’ll be able to handle the two more efficiently as the semester progresses, forcing me back into shape. The procrastination quiz we took was quite interesting as well. I scored a 91 out of 100 and my title was “Master Procrastinator”.   I screenshot all the tips laid out for me afterwards to try and build up better habits but for now a few things await me.

I’ve got to redo my resume, and craft up a portfolio in record time in order to remain full time and continue on my path to graduation. I’ve been in school longer than my liking and I’ve inevitably stumbled into this class unprepared so I will do what has to be done. I’m going to spend the next few weeks asking friends, and shooting out emails for opportunities while I make myself presentable to the world.