Journal 6

The next day, I took the initiative to apply for new internships. I took couple of places from the list that Professor Mason have giving me. I also have looked up online for internship on websites like Glass door and Craigslist. I realized that some of these places require a cover letter so I began writing one. With no time I have complete 4 applications. From now on I have to keep applying for new ones until I get a response. A day passed, and I started to look up for new internships. As I was about to send my resume to a new internship, I was on my inbox an email from Benjamin, a media director from a place that I have applied yesterday. He was setting up an interview for me in the next few days. I reply him as soon as I finish reading it. After couple of minutes, he answers me back with some instructions, direction and the time of the meeting.

I begin to explore more about the job description. I soon realized that they were looking for social media creations, something that I have done before, however it ready to be presented. Immediately I begin to gather some relevant work that I will be able to explain at my interview. I added a project that I have done in my analytics class, which the main purpose was to promote our website using social media. I have learned a lot from this project. At the beginning I believe that it was simple to promote our website using Facebook, for instance posting links that takes directly to our website. Nevertheless, it wasn’t as simple as I thought it would. I must concentrate in a specific group of people who are also interested in the same topic as my website, instead of aiming everyone. I obtained good result after this, and I was ready to share this experience at my internship.