Journal 5

On September 25, I emailed my available days to Mey. I have figured that Mondays and Fridays are good days for me because it doesn’t collide with my other activities. So I am hoping I will be working those days at WSM. Quite a few days had passed since I emailed Mey, and I haven’t had a reply yet. I was a bit worried because the next day I had my internship class.

During the class, I become aware that most of my classmates have already found an internship. Half of them talked about their experience at their internship. I felt pleased to hear their anecdotes, however the more I hear them, the more concerned I became. I wasn’t sure what to respond if I was asked about my internship. At the end of the class I was overwhelm with many thoughts. I found myself asking many questions. Do I still have time to complete my hours? If I did have time how much time will it take to go for a different internship? Is it better to drop this class and take it the next semester? Should I wait for Mey’s reply? On my way home, I begin to discard negative thoughts. Instead, a powerful thought grew inside me. It was too late to quit now, if I was to quit, I should have done a long time ago. I have continued; I don’t have to be great to start, but I have to start to be great.