Journal 10

I am working at WSM every Monday and Friday, from 10-6pm. So far I have worked for two days. I have realized that this is the first time they have a graphic design as an inter. Therefore, I have to find new ideas to bring to this agency. This could be fascinating and frustrating at the same time. Nonetheless, I have offered some ideas to begin. I talk to them about changing the Facebook cover page to something that represent more about the company, something that illustrates their work in an interesting way. Mey agreed with me in creating a new Facebook cover picture. I have created layouts in the past using just images, but this time was different. I have not done a Cover picture for a social media before. Therefore, before doing anything else, I must do some research in finding the correct dimensions and the resolution that Facebook requires. After I found this information, my next step is to create a picture that invites people to know more about this agency. I spend most of the day researching collages samples, looking at similar agencies’ cover pages, and creating sketches of possible layouts.

At the beginning, I though it was an easy project, but the more I got into it, the more complicated it got. They obviously didn’t need another simple cover picture. What they need is to show to their followers that they are a creative photography agency. WSM has many clients from different countries, and creating a collage of their work will be a great way to show their passion in photography.