Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry # 15 (Self-Evaluation)

I’ve fulfilled my hours at City Tech Image & Visual Communications. It was my last day today. City Tech Image & Visual Communications was the right place for me to intern. It’s great my supervisor Mr. Vargas took me as an intern. He gave me the opportunity to learn, and to improve my skills in logo design, camera raw, masking and Photoshop. This was my first time to experience, working in an office with co-workers.

Working here has taught me, how to interact and communicate with co-workers. As an adult with special needs, it’s very important to communicate with people. There are times I need help from my co-workers. They helped me unpack and put on my jacket. My time here has motivated me to be less afraid of trying different things.

When a project took a while to complete. I happily continued working and figuring out ways to make my designs better. Timing is everything… I mean everything. Creating logos usually takes time. There is a lot of figuring out to do, which means constantly sketching and making comps. I constantly kept sketching, even during the comp stage. We sometimes take sketching for granted, but sketching happens to be more flexible, compared to working in Illustrator. Sketching allows us to try new things and let’s us conceptualize and solve problems.

If somebody offered me a job, I would take it because working here has boasted up my confidence. This internship was the right door I took to gain experience.