Huseyin Akis – Blog Entry #14

I can’t believe it’s my last week working here at City Tech Image & Visual Communications. It feels like just the other day, I started interning here. This past week at City Tech Image & Visual Communications, I made several PG4U (Professional Growth For You) logo comps. I brought the right ascender of the U’s points down, using the direct selection tool. So, this way I could place “Professional Growth” in the middle of the G and U.

On the last page, I changed the alignment of the letters. I placed an X shape in one of the logos. For the other logos, I created rhombuses around them. The rhombuses were placed between the letters and words of Professional Growth. These were the final logo comps, I created for the PG4U program.

HUSEYINAKIS_PG4U draft 10-01

HUSEYINAKIS_PG4U draft 11-01

This week at City Tech Image & Visual Communications, I had to create a “5×7”e-mail flyer, for the City Tech Alumni Associations networking event. I created mock ups for the flyer. I created silhouettes of hands and the colors I used were peach, tan and brown, to show different ethnicities. The hands are pointing to a circle and inside the circle there are four logos, of major social media networks.

The idea of the graphic is to direct people, to use different social media sites and apps as a way of networking. I wanted to show the hands; selecting different social media is easy. It’s just like making selections on smart phones.

HuseyinAkis_Flyer Mockup 2

Near 4 o’clock, I signed my name on the internship evaluation form. I thanked Mr. Vargas for giving me an opportunity to work with him.