Filicia Hopkinson Journal Entry 3

September 25, 2015,
The most wonderful thing happened today, I have no internet. Well, that is not completely true. Word of warning, if you are planning to return a few cable boxes to Time Warner Cable, expect some downtime with your internet service. While the remaining cable boxes worked fine, internet service was almost non-existent. It would come on for about two to five minutes before turning off. After one hour of this I got on the phone with Time Warner Cable’s customer service, and scheduled for a technician to arrive on September 29th, it was the only time slot that was available. In either case, this happening wasn’t so bad. Despite the fact I was unable to finish my portfolio website (or look at cute videos of kittens on YouTube), I had to find something to do. So I started working on the print/pdf version of my portfolio and that got me to realize I did not have enough websites to call myself a web designer. I had far more print projects than I did websites. and the websites I did have were either unfinished or completely down. So I begun deconstructing the print projects I had down over the years and wrote detailed information on how I did them. About three hours later after the initial call I got my internet service back. By then I had already realized what I had to do, continue fixing up my print portfolio while contemplating what cool things I would be doing as an electrician.