Travis Montalvo Blog#5

Fifth Entry: October 2nd

I’m excited! After nearly 4 weeks organizing my time with Senior Project, Work, Classes and looking the right internship, I’ve managed to land TWO who were willing to work with my schedule. Sprint and Cre@tive Design Studio. 

My Internship with Sprint was a path I should’ve taken a while ago as I work only 5 blocks away from the Corporate building at 1166 Avenue of the Americas. In found out about the position though an employee newsletter posted by Ryan Cobb, B2B Sales Consultant, for “Volunteer Design and Social Media”. After sharing emails back and forth, I met with him at the Office where he confirmed they’d be able to monitor the hours needed for Internship credits. Although Ryan Cobb is the one who helped me get the position, he doesn’t work in this particular department. He spends most of his time meeting with potential business clients. Our first briefing was on Thursday during my lunch break, where I spent the hour going over what the departments expectations were.

A majority, if not all of the work, I will be doing for Sprint’s NY Marketing Team the will be reviewed by Kevin McPhoy. Kevin is the Field Marketing Manager who proofs all the Literature and Social Media posts for the New York Area/ Northeast Region. I would consider Kevin as my direct supervisor, as he oversees all the designs and logs all the time I have spent in the office or working on LITs (Literature Packets/ Promotional Posters). We’ve arranged to have our meetings correspond with my shifts at Bryant Park, in which I’d allocating time during my lunch breaks or at the end of my shifts for Monday, Tuesday, and/or Friday.

The second Internship, with Square Cre@tive Design Studio, base in Long Island City. The Manager Rico is currently seeking projects to give me, so I can work from home. I’ve met with him on two occasions in person, but the majority of our communication is through text and e-mail at the moment while I await for assistance on new projects.