Entry #2

This week of Feb23-27 was a busy one. I was in charge of designing the poster for Tech Day at City Tech from scratch. The event will feature a big name from CUNY, Dr. George Otte. I was excited to be given the opportunity of designing the poster, since this is the first graphic design project that is not just an update or a simple redo.

Since the event will discuss new ways of implementing more technology in CUNY classes, I decided to try to have a tablet as a part of the layout. It was challenging to make certain words legible enough because of the small point size I was working with, but it worked out well. I did a test with different color schemes to figure out which one would me more appropriate, and ended up choosing a dark-grey background against bright green for titles, and light-grey for the rest of copy. As most graphic design projects, there were a few details that needed to be adjusted to meet the client’s expectations, but mostly regarding copy.

Aside from working on the poster, I also had to photograph two events on Friday that were being held at the same time. One was in N119 and the other was on the sixth floor of the atrium. While I had to miss certain parts of each event, I don’t think it jeopardized the final results.

One thought on “Entry #2

1. Joel Mason

Dear Andie,

This project sounds like a real design challenge. I look forward to seeing how it worked out. Also, I’d like to have gotten more information about the two events you were asked to photograph. Your writing is quite clear. In general however, I’d avoid abbreviating the name of the month. It’s better to spell it out.

Sincerely,

Professor Mason