NANCY ACEVEDO ENTRY #2

SIDE NOTE: I’ve been writing all of my journals on my notebook since I’ve had no time to really type it and post it here. (Although I already have an internship now, this was before I did)

All week I’ve been thinking about this internship. I am worried that nobody is going to contact me back and I won’t be able to graduate because of it. Maybe I’m just being a bit dramatic because it’s my last semester and I want everything to go as planned. I have been patiently waiting, I’m just hoping it doesn’t take forever to hear from someone back. I have hopes that soon enough I will get a response from someone. I really just want to be in a place where I get to use my creativity and the skills I’ve learned throughout my student career. Even if is something small, I’ll be content with it because it will give me the opportunity to work on something that is actual real for a client. I hope that when I do find a place to intern it is a fun and chill environment where I will meet and work with people that love what they do and don’t look miserable because that will be a little discouraging.

One thought on “NANCY ACEVEDO ENTRY #2

1. Joel Mason

Dear Nancy,

I was glad to learn you got an internship. When writing, try to avoid repeating words in a sentence. Notice how you use the word “something” twice in this sentence: “Even if is something small, I’ll be content with it because it will give me the opportunity to work on something that is actual real for a client.” For example, substitute the words “the project” for the first “something” and the sentence is much better.

Professor Mason