Journal#2 Josephine Woods

Last week I did not have my internship because I haven’t started yet. Not exactly sure what to post on here. Only thing I’ve done last week is go to my current job as a cashier, and actually did lots of homework. I didn’t have this class last week, but I did have my Art of Asia class so I went to that class. After class I wanted to be prepared for my first day at my internship, I decided to buy some professional clothing so I can be dressed for success.

Monday February 9 at 2 pm I start my internship with New York App Designer in Brooklyn New York, the company designs and creates mobile websites and apps for small business. Well the first week is more of an orientation, getting to meet my supervisor in person for the first. I’ll be able to sit down with Mr. Khalidi Lawson getting to know more about him and also come up with a schedule that will work well with my current job and my classes. My position will be a designer and I may code using HTML 5. I am so excited to start working at my internship, also a little nervous. Even though I’m not 100% confident in my ability in graphic design however I know I have to start somewhere. I know I can do this and expand my horizons past web design and learn new skills abilities. What I want to get out of this internship is real word experience, advance my designing skills and have a fantastic portfolio and resume.