Journal #1

I am currently doing my internship at a company called East Coast MMA Fight Shop. They specialize is selling outside equipment as well as creating there own martial arts themed apparel. The in-house work which includes designing tees/sweatshirts/hats are all done by the owner of the shop. He does not have much design experience so thats where I come in; I will be helping him design and will also be taking product shots of the apparel. This includes organizing shoots and reaching out to models for scheduling. I’m really excited about this internship because the company is the only one of its kind in the east coast and has so much potential to grow and develop its own graphics department in which I can possibly have the opportunity to become an art director of sorts. I can definitely see myself working there even after the internship class because the ambiance of the shop is very modern and laid back which is perfect for me. I do feel at times that I’m missing out on the work load and experience I can get from a bigger company but for now I believe this shop will do.