Read and React #3

It’s not easy being a manager, it takes time, patients, dedication and persistence . You have to be willing to give up that free time, willing to learn, be open minded, hard working, know what you want to do and be willing to go after it. I have been working at my job for Animal kingdom for almost two months and the traffic of people we encounter every day is by the hundreds. My managers deal with that and more on a regular bases. They’re the first one there in the morning and the last ones to leave at night. They also have the cast members, paper works, meetings and quarters they have to meet every month as their responsibilities. When thing are not going right they’re the ones that have to handle it. When guest are not happy it’s a manger that have to get to the bottom of it. I have talked to a few of my managers and they will tell you, you’ll have your good days and your bad. It’s all about how you deal with it, what you take out of each situation and learn from it and that’s what makes you a better manager because you never stop learning no matter how far up the latter you go. Dave, who’s is my favorite  manager at my job, told me he love to make people happy; creating that magical moment for people is one of his main goal when he come to work. Tuning a situation that was bad into something positive is one of his main adjective and he’s very good at that. A guest may came in upset but after talking to Dave, they will forget why they where even up set. That’s what it’s all about, love what you do and taking pride in it. It’s not about you anymore, it is about that guest and how you can make their day even better. It’s having those people skills,  that would determine if you’re ready to be a manager. Now I have never been a manager but I know when my time comes I will rise to the challenge and perform to the best of my abilities.

This entry was posted in Read and React 3. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React #3

1. szambrano says:

Right now it’s our time to learn but what we get out of this will better ourselves and our life. You seem to have the right idea in what a manager is suppose to do and how situations are suppose to be dealt with. We should observe our managers now so when we get the opportunity, we will be able to perform our job and exceed the title.