A Magical Moment – Week 5

During my Disney Traditions, I was told how one could create a magical moment for a guest. A magical moment is the one special moment that a cast member creates for our guests where it truly touches their heart. Many guests who’s experienced such a moment are usually very ecstatic by how above and beyond we as cast members are willing to go for their families or friends. Even though its only been about a month in a half since I’ve been working here, most cast members who started with me has already made a magical moment happen for someone. As for me, today was my first. It wasn’t something as special as replacing a little girl’s broken doll or helping a little boy get over their fears of getting on a ride. It was simply making an elderly couple feel special. During my tasking assignment today, an elderly couple had approached me about the wait time on the Spaceship Earth ride. They had explained to me that they wanted to make this their last ride of the day because they were getting tired. Although it was only ten minutes wait,  it seems like it would be too long of a wait time for them, especially on a hot day like today. I could have sent them to the wheelchair entrance where they cloud sit and wait but since it was their last ride I thought why not make it special for them. I told them to follow me because I had a surprise for them. As soon as we started to walk, I told them that Mickey said he thought they are very sweet peoples and that he  will make them V.I.P.s for their last ride here. I led them to the V.I.P. entrance where they could get on the ride without having to wait. They were beyond grateful  by the special treatment and as we departed, I felt nothing but the joy from being the reason of my guests’ smiling. Nothing can compete with the feeling of knowing that you’re the reason they had such a memorable experience. Now I’m even more eager to create special memories for other guests and give them a memory of a lifetime here at Disney!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.