Read and React 2: Disasters

I think that it is absolutely necessary to have some sort of a plan when it comes to a natural disaster. Of course I do agree with the article that the best way to have a fully detailed and effective disaster plan is to go through the disaster repetitively. However, researching the disaster and is impact on the places it has hit also helps to draw up a plan. Although this plan is purely circumstantial it can still bear some realistic truths to it. Being prepared is always something that everyone should take seriously but it also shouldn’t take away from everything else. That’s why I liked what Disney did with bringing the entertainment to the guests when possible and providing the guests with hot meals. That shows that there was thought of the guests and their needs in Disney’s disaster plans. The best way to save a life lives is to be prepared and I think the article his that point right on the head.

This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React 2: Disasters

1. Suzanne says:

I agree that entertainment and hot meals made the real difference during the storms as it probably took the guests’ minds off of what was happening while Disney did what they needed to do “backstage” to ensure that everyone was safe.