Read and React # 2

Natural or man made disasters are unfortunates that are lived by the individual. When a disaster occurs we hope for the best and wishing there would not be any death, severe injuries and damage. As unfortunate as it is it is important to be prepared and informative about it. In this case one must remain calm and make sure everyone and themselves are safe.

As far safety goes in Port Orleans, where I am a housekeeper; we have meetings three times a week and constantly talk about the same things. Safety and couple of job duties. I also recieved online tutorials that tell me what to do incase of an emergency. Safety is really important here in Disney, it is taken very seriously. Not only for disasters but for everday situation. This was the guest and the cast member can be safe.  However, the main focus is safety not only in regular basis but how to protect ourselves and the guests from a natural disasters. My leaders mention the aspects of what we should do and not do. The closest exits, fire extinguishers are all shown to us, therefore, we know where things are in case of an emergency. First aids are all ready and reachable for any type of circumstance.

In emergencies in such these cases, the hotelier makes sure all guests remain in their room. Preferably away from windows. Not only did this article relates to my understanding and having knowledge for my future management skills but the tutorials and meetings I attend taught me alot. I  am well aware that I should maintain books, posters and constant reviews or trainings in order to be safe and secure.  As Barbara Higgins mentioned emphasis and communication is really important. By communicating things are taken care of, without anyone getting hurt.  Especially, that Florida suffers through major hurricanes it is important to know what to do. Especially, if there is a blackout. Which luckily there was not any blackouts in the year of 2004. This I believe is due to being well prepared and luck.

In conclusion, these safety rules and training that are given to me should be kept in the back of my hand. Because not is it only important in my business but in my everyday life.  I appreciate the fact they teach and have emphasis built on safety and security.

About hsrtyuksel

I always knew I was a people's person. Always enjoyed spending time, talking to people and learn many new and interesting things from them. Basically, learning and providing them what I know.
This entry was posted in Read and React 2. Bookmark the permalink.