Read and React #4

For me keeping the magic alive proves difficult. Because I work in Animal Kingdom a lot of guests feel like our park is just a over sized zoo. They tend to feel when they are there that it is not apart of Disney. How I try to keep the magic alive is with the characters. By helping the children become engage with our characters and by getting them excited about the animals I feel I am helping the magic stay alive. I also try to to recommend areas to see and explain to the parents why these things would be best for their time and excitement.

I feel the company helps the magic stay alive for the full time cast members by giving them ownership and empowering them to be creative with the guests and to be themselves. Also by giving them perks and benefits helps them continue to keep the magic alive for them.

The article does explain about recognition and incentives as well ongoing opportunities for growth and development and I do believe Disney is a leader in that area. There are educational reimbursements and stock options for their full time cast members as well as constant recognition. Disney prides itself on not only keeping the guests happy but doing the same for their cast members as well.

This entry was posted in Read and React 4. Bookmark the permalink.