Journal #2

Yay!

I finally figured out how to post on this website! This is an accomplishment in itself!

The next few days after my arrival were boring but filled with nothing but strict schedules. During the day I would be busy with training, meetings, orientations and events but at night all of the roommates and I would just talk. Between the orientations and training, I was exhausted, when I came home I was tired of being sociable and just wanted to sleep. All of my roomates were on different schedules so they all stayed up and got loud in the living room while I tried to sleep. It was a pain, but I learned how to deal with it as time went by.

The journey of becoming a cast member is pretty spectacular. I don’t know if only CP’s have this wonderful experience or if every new-hire experiences this as well. I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but somehow Disney has made the most boring process to be kind of eventful, fun, and educating. No matter what part of new-hire experience you had I promise it was something you will never forget. There was definitely that moment, that experience, that look, that feeling, that sense of magic.

For me, I was tired of it all, but dealt with it only because I had working in my near sights and I was excited to be productive. The last straw for me was Traditions, it was the most boring thing I have ever experienced, but the end of the process. I put up with the hours of repetative jargen. Only because I knew I was almost done, I was almost a cast member. And right when I almost threw in the towel, Disney seemed to anticipate it and make that magic moment. While sitting in class dazing off, the facilitator called on me…by name. “Matthew”! she said. My face had turned red immediately and I was nervous. “yes mam”, I responded. She then went on to ask me “How many mickey mouses are there”? I was puzzled to say the least, I knew it was a trick question but everyone in the room began to whisper and giggle. “One”, I responded. “There is only one Mickey Mouse”. The moment I said that, it happened, the magic, the “WHATTTT” moment Mickey Mouse HIMSELF entered the room and hugged me and brought in a box of our official cast member name tags.

It was pretty awesome.

And to add. Castings had the greatest door knobs of all time.journal2

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.