Journal # 5

In regard to the seminars, a few ago I attended to a second one and I felt extremely happy with all the information and tips that I learned for my career development. For those who do not remember, the first workshop was “Acing the interview,” in where the most important thing was to learn about how to prepare myself for a professional interview. During this first seminar, I was able to explore the four basic questions that matter when it comes to an interview. These questions are based on:

• Your passion for the Business

(“Why are you here?”)

• Your motivation and purpose

(“What can you do for the team?”)

• Skill and personality

(“What kind of person you are?”)

• Accomplishments and Creativity

(“What distinguish you from everybody else?”)

As an applicant, during the interview process it is important to keep in mind the following tips:

• Elevate your speech highlighting the last five years accomplishments including the extracurricular activities.
  •  Focus more on the professional side than on personal aspects when you talk about yourself
  • Use your research, demonstrate that your are good for the job
  • Highlight your top 3 strengths/ weakness
  • Describe your personal branding, but be careful with it. It is important to be specific but also have enough details. Remember that you are describing your own brand. You are selling yourself and your skills. Use your creativity and innovate.
  • Dress for success
  • Always follow up with an electronic and handwritten Thank you note.

In my personal opinion, “Acing the Interview,” as none others seminars attended before had helped me to understand more specific way what exactly the interviewers are expecting for their future candidates, but also what exactly I can expect an applicant when applying for a job position. If anyone need more specific information regarding what to bring/ or not to during the interview, how to create your personal branding, what to do the day of the interview, during and after, just let me know because I would be happy to send you a handout with the tips I learned during my experience at the seminar.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.